If you’re feeling interested in welding for the first time or looking to buy the best welder for beginners machine, then welcome to the world of welding. We know what you need at the beginning of the welding journey.
You’ll possibly search for something easy to use, inexpensive, and excellent welding results. And it doesn’t have loads of excess features or power. Sometimes the results of your search & excitation of beginning take you at the deep end feel daunting.
But don't worry, we are here to give you the best boost to forward. We’ve selected our top welders for beginners based on these criteria. The best welder for beginners is MIG welders because they are easy to use, and you can run them off with your standard household power source.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
IMAGE PRODUCT NAME EDITOR RATING DETAILS LOTOS MIG175 MIG Welder KickingHorse F130 MIG Welder 120V SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA 200A Welder Dual 110V 220V ARC Welder Dual IGBT Inverter-Reboot 110V/220V VIVOHOME Portable Flux Core MIG 130 Welder SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V LOTOS MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder Hobart Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder Lotos LTPDC2000D Tig Welder & Stick Welder
LOTOS MIG175 MIG Welder
KickingHorse F130 MIG Welder 120V
SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA 200A Welder Dual 110V 220V
ARC Welder Dual IGBT Inverter-Reboot 110V/220V
VIVOHOME Portable Flux Core MIG 130 Welder
SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V
LOTOS MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder
Hobart Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder
Lotos LTPDC2000D Tig Welder & Stick Welder
10 Best Welder for Beginners
Best Welder for Beginners - LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder:
LOTOS MIG175 175AMP Mig Welder can be a brilliant choice for beginners who just take entry into this field. This MIG welder was introduced by LOTOS for any type of skilled user, especially for the novice and gives you a wide range of uses, including welding metals and aluminum.
Included spool gun of these welding machines is very useful for the beginners as it is a must for welding aluminum.
This welding machine can also Weld stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum & so on that you need. So, it's so versatile & this gives much entertainment to the new users. This is also a safe MIG welding machine.
This welder machine comes with heat protection, overload protection. Overall, this machine is perfect for beginners & that’s why it comes to the top of our list.
Key Features :
- Aluminum Wire Feeder: LOTOS MIG175 MIG Welder has a durable & high-quality wire feeder that offers much more stable & better welding.
- Spool Gun Include: This machine has a high-speed MIG spool gun, which helps for aluminum welding. The aluminum wire is 10.4 feet long, 4-prong end connection with a diameter of 0.9 millimeters, which is included with this welder machine. This MIG welder machine can weld 3/16" or less thin aluminum plates.
- Reliable and Durable: LOTOS always provides high-quality products & MIG175 MIG welder is also best in quality. The transformer technology of this machine is proven to be durable and reliable.
- Rated Output: This welder machine has a rated output of 175AMP. The input voltage is 220/240V AC. This will help to get perfect welding for beginners.
- Multi-Use: This welding machine is so versatile in terms of different welding types of materials. You can weld stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, etc. easily with this machine.
- Weld Quality: Giving a wide range of welding this welding machine also gives a quality of welding, which will amaze you a lot.
- Portability: Portability is a great feature of any welding machine. This machine is not so heavy like another welder machine to carry it anywhere. You can easily carry it to your workplace.
KickingHorse F130 UL-Certified Flux Core Gasless MIG Welder 120V. 130A High-Efficiency IGBT Inverter Run-off 15A/20A US Home Circuit Breaker :
KickingHorse F130 UL is another great welding machine for absolute beginners. If you are worried about the size of a welder machine, you can try this welding machine as it is so small in size with having a variety of features.
This MIG welding machine has an infinite voltage control, which gives you the option to adjust the right voltage that you require. We are saying that it is perfect for beginners because this machine has all the functionality to setup & use it easily, which will be great for beginners.
Over-heating, over-voltage, over-load all protection is included in this machine, so you need not worry about your safety. Combining all these things makes this welding machine a great choice for beginners.
Key Features :
- Infinite Voltage Control: This KIckingHorse F130 MIG welder machine gives you a great option to control the voltage & wire speed as much as you need. Stepless voltage adjustment system puts total control of the welding arc in your own hands, giving you the option to get the desired results of yours.
- Mini Size: This welder machine is so small and lightweight. This machine is just about 10 pounds. This compact design can help you to precious space in your home.
- Portability: Since it is a very lightweight MIG welding machine so you can carry this anywhere you want. This won't make any problem for you.
- Easy Setup & Use: Another great feature of this machine is an easy setup & use. You can easily set up this machine very quickly & can start your welding.
- Efficiency: This machine has an advanced IGBT inverter that has 80% energy convert efficiency & reduces energy costs by 25%.
- Safety: Safety features is a must for any MIG welder machine. This Compact MIG welding machine comes with extra over-heating, over-voltage & over-load protection which will give enough safety, while you work.
- Energy Input & Output: This MIG Welder takes 120V signal phase current & the duty cycle is 15%. You'll get a maximum 130AMP output & minimum output is 50AMP.
SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA 200A Welder Dual 110V 220V IGBT Hot Start Welding Machine DC Inverter Welder 200 AMP LCD Anti-Stick :
SunGoldPower ARC MMA 200A is an excellent choice for beginners. This is a very beginner-friendly welding machine and very easy to weld different types of materials very fast.
This welder comes with the most advanced control module, which improves the performance and the efficiency of the machine. The safety functionality of this welder is great.
This comes with an anti-sticking feature that protects your machine from overload. This machine comes with Over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, over current protection, overload protection.
These protection factors give the best safety to you. You will get a complete package with an efficiency of 85%, which helps to enjoy your weld.
Key Features :
- Advanced control: This ARC welder has an advanced IGBT dual 110V & 220V inverter that improves the performance of this machine. This control method will also help you to work with your choice of the input voltage.
- Protection: Protection is very required for any welding machine. This welder machine has all the protective factors that you need to work safely like, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-load protection.
- Easy and simple to operate: This machine is so easy to operate & simple, which is so effective for beginners.
- Wide range of weld: You can use this machine to do a variable welding task. This machine will help to weld all kinds of metals like ferrous metal, medium carbon steel, alloy steel, etc.
- Size & Portability: This machine is such a small and compact size. This is so lightweight around 15 pounds, which helps you carry it anywhere. This compact size gives you the option to carry it easily to your workplace.
ARC Welder Dual IGBT Inverter - Reboot ARC135 Portable Stick Arc Welder 110V/220V High-Frequency Duty Cycle Digital Display Welding for 1/16-1/8in Electrodes Beginner Welding :
When it is talking about the best welder for beginners & Reboot has no welder machine in the list, it can't happen. Reboot ARC135 is a top-class welding machine for entry-level welders.
It's a perfect welding machine & all the equipment is included inside it for starting your weld as soon as possible. The advanced IGBT inverter & dual voltage input system makes this welder the best selection for beginners.
The protection system of this welder is also so good, which gives more efficient work. This machine also does a versatile of welding & it gives the benefits of portability since this welder machine is very lightweight.
Key Features :
- IGBT Inverter: This welder has an advanced IGBT inverter inside it, which gives ARC stability, built-in hot start, anti-sticking, forces adjusted, steeples amperage control & so on.
- Dual Voltage: The Reboot ARC135 is a double voltage welder machine of 110V - 220V. The inverter switch AC power into DC then incorporate a step-down transformer to produce the proper voltage and current.
- Duty Cycle: This ARC welder machine has a duty cycle of 60% which is so great in terms of welding smoothly. And it also gives you more efficiency at work.
- Portability: This machine is so portable due to it is very lightweight, just only 10.5 pounds, so it is easy to carry this machine anywhere you want.
- Wide range of weld: This welder machine is so versatile so that you can do various types of welding with it. It can weld all kinds of ferrous metals such as carbon steel, medium carbon steel, and alloy steel, amongst others.
VIVOHOME Portable Flux Core Wire No Gas MIG 130 Welder Machine 110V Yellow, Best MIG Welder For Beginners:
In the fifth position, we have one of the best MIG welder machines, which are “VIVOHOME portable flux core wire No gas MIG 130 welder”. This is another great MIG welder machine for a beginner, which has a lot of features.
This welder comes with an adjustable welding speed control, which gives the independence to set your welding speed. This MIG welder machine has a great oxidation resistance system, which helps to prevent oxidation of any metal that you weld.
VIVOHOME MIG 130 has also protecting features. The over-heat protection system of this machine will help the device from over-heating & you can do your task freely.
Another great option for this machine is portability. This is the most useful feature that you need in a beginner-friendly welder & this machine has this option. All these great features make this machine a good choice for beginners.
Key Features :
- Welding speed: This welder machine has 4 levels of current flow setting & 10 welding speed, which help to adjust the input that you want.
- Welding Range: This welder can be used for welding different types of metals like thin steel, stainless or aluminum sheet metal or thicker steel with flux-core welding.
- No Reaction Welder: This MIG welding machine uses convenient flux-cored wire to self-release inert metal gas while welding, preventing oxidation of the welded part.
- Welding Process: These MIG welder machines suitable for any welding work, especially mild steel, and stainless steel. It will give you to have a professional touch in your welding.
- Portable Design: This MIG welder is a very lightweight and compact design. You can carry this easily to your workplace. This welder also has built-in storage space on the top of the welding machine that is convenient for storing some small widgets, nails, and screws. This will be so beneficial to you.
SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding AC Welder Gasless Machine Free Mask NO Gas :
Another best welder for beginners comes from SunGoldPower named “SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding AC Welder”. This 110V, 60HZ single phase welder machine has an adjustable power setting with 4 feed speed control system.
It also comes with a thermal protection system and can do a versatile job. This welder machine is capable of doing any metal welding, especially mild steel, iron, and other metals. The metal body of this welding machine gives extra benefit in saving the internal equipment & it has a great design also.
This welder is not so lightweight, which is about 43 pounds. But this is considered for its welding capability. All the features & its design make it an ideal welder machine for starting.
Key Feature :
- Input Voltage: This welding machine takes 110V/60HZ single phase input, which gives a welding current of 80-150AMP, and max open voltage is 37V.
- Welding Range: This welder can be used for different welding metal, specifically mild steel, iron, and aluminum. Welding these three metals, it's ideal, Gas Less Welder,0.030'' to 0.035'' flux-cored (0.8mm-0.9mm) & its Suit for 2lb welding wire spool.
- Control system: The MIG 150A comes with 4 feed speed control & torch with full on/off safety control switch.
- Protection: This machine is perfect for outdoor welding & it has thermal protection with 4 adjustable current flow settings.
- Portability: Like VIVOHOME MIG 130 welder, this machine also has a weight of 43 pounds. But still, you can carry it easily anywhere that gives you a great option to carry you anywhere to weld.
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V :
Though you are a beginner, you need to have some feel of professional welding & that's why we keep "Forney Easy weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG welder" in our list.
It will give the best quality weld. This is a welder machine that is simple to set up and use as well as much power for beginning welding journey. An 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp is integrated with this welder.
The design of this welder machine is so lightweight and looks great. This best welder for beginners also comes with metal case & 20A-15A build in the adapter.
The lightweight feature will help you to carry this easily. All these are backed by a 12-month warranty that can be very helpful for beginners.
Key Feature :
- Easy to Use: This MIG welding machine has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control that helps you to have perfect weld for the entry-level welder.
- Powerful: You will get an output of up to 140 Amp that allows you to weld mild steel up to 0.25 inches of the plate.
- Portable Welder: This MIG welder machine is only 19 pounds, which is very light and easy to carry anywhere you desire to Maintain, Repair, Metal Fabrication, and Hobbyist project.
- Welder Includes: This MIG machine comes with 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, an integrated handle with torch wrap, and a 20A-15A adapter. It is backed with a 12-month warranty.
- Rugged: A great metal case, built to take the day today. It is also big enough to handle 2- and 10-pound rolls of wire.
LOTOS MIG140 140 Amp MIG Wire Welder, Flux Core & Aluminum Gas Shielded Welding with 2T/4T Switch Argon Regulator:
LOTOS MIG140 is an ideal choice for a beginner who wants to test the waters with MIG welding. It is very simple to use this MIG welding machine as well as easy to set up.
The welder machine comes with a useful switch called 2T/4T, which helps to set manual feeding and automatic feeding of the welding wire. This welder uses flux welding core, so you don't need any gas for welding.
This machine has rated output of 140AMP & the input voltage can be either 110V or 120V, you can use any of them which gives you the option of your own choice.
This MIG welder machine is very versatile so that you can weld numerous types of metal with this machine-like stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, etc. Like other LOTOS welders, this machine also comes with a great portable feature.
Key Feature :
- Aluminum Wire Feeder: This welder device has a durable, high-quality aluminum wire feeder that offers a much more stable and better welding experience.
- Semi-auto Switch: LOTOS MIG175 comes with a semi-auto switch, which is 2T/4T. It helps to set manual feeding and automatic feeding of the welding wire.
- More Precisely Welding: You can adjust the wire feeder speed and welding voltage more precisely with the help of 2 digital displayers that helps to weld more precisely.
- Rated Output: This MIG has a rated output of 140-amp & the rated input voltage is 110/120v. This MIG welder can be easily connected to your existing 110/120v wall outlet.
- Wire Range: This welder machine has 0.025"-. 030" (0. 6-0. 8mm) Solid Steel wire and 0.030"-. 035" (0. 8-0. 9mm) Flux Cored.
Hobart Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder :
Hobart is very well known in the welding industry. They make so many welders both for professionals & beginners. Hobart Handler 210 MVP MIG welder is such a welder that is specifically made for the beginners.
This MIG welding machine has a dual voltage plug input, which is 115V or 230V. You can use anyone that you want. This machine is so efficient having a duty cycle of 115V and 30% at 90 AMP.
This best welder for beginners can do weld anything that you want, like steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and so on. This wide range will give a great feeling in terms of weld to a newbie.
Again, the welding of this machine is so great you'll amaze with this weld. This MIG welding machine is well designed and looks so nice. The design is so compact & carriable. You can carry it anywhere you want for welding.
Key Feature :
- Dual Voltage: This MIG welder machine has a 115V/230V MVP plug which makes the unit easy to find a place to plug it in.
- Easy to Use: Hobart Handler 210V MVP MIG welder is very easy to use and also easy to set up for your first weld. This can be very helpful to the newbies.
- Duty Cycle: This is a heavy-duty welding machine 115V & 20% duty cycle at 90AMP and 230V 30% at 150 AMP. This variation gives you some extra options in welding.
- Welding Range: This machine is very versatile. This MIG welding machine can weld stainless steel, steel, aluminum & so many other metals. This will be great for beginners.
- Portability: Lightweight & portability is a great feature of any welding machine. This MIG welding machine is also very lightweight and its portable design gives the option to carry the machine anywhere you need to weld.
Lotos LTPDC2000D Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter Tig Welder and Stick Welder 3 in 1 Combo Welding Machine,½ Inch Clean Cut, Brown :
A great innovative product comes from LOTOS named LOTOS LTPDC2000D. It is one of the best welder machines for beginners available on the market now. This machine is very versatile & can be used for multipurpose welding.
The dual voltage & dual-frequency of 110V/220V and 50Hz/60Hz helps to choose the input that you want. The rated input & output signal of this welding machine helps to have a pleasant and cleaner weld every time.
LTPDC2000D has a great cooling system which helps to cool down the machine every time you weld.
The welding of this machine is quite good & you won't have any complaint about the weld of this best welding machine. This machine is very user-friendly, too & anyone can use it properly so it will be very beneficial to a novice welder.
Key Feature :
- Non-Touch Plasma Cutter: This welder machine has a 10-50AMP plasma cutter current output. This machine also has Non-Hazardous Compressed Air that helps to Cut Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild steel, Copper, and Aluminum.
- TIG Welder: A 15-200AMP DC TIG Electric Current Output helps for high-quality TIG welding on Stainless or Steel and Precise Welding of Thinner-gauge Materials.
- Setup & Use: This machine is so time-consuming & will take only one minute to set up, and you can use it very easily because of that we keep it on our list.
- Cooling System: This welding machine has a PAPST Advanced cooling system that ensures the plasma cutter has a stable & durable high performance.
- Dual Voltage Input: The welder machine has a dual voltage input option, which is automatically adjusted with your voltage source.
- Portability: This machine is just about 43.3 pounds, which is not very lightweight, but from the site of its specification, this should be considered.
Note: Using the BEST MIG WELDER UNDER 500 may not give you the same benefits while using a MIG WELDER UNDER 500. But you need to know how to use the BEST MIG WELDER UNDER 500.
What is the best welder machine for Beginner, MIG, TIG, or Stick?
If you just dig into the world of welding, then like us, everybody will suggest you go with a MIG Welder as it is the most beginner-friendly welder machine.
With constant-feed wire and smooth mix of gases, you’ll make excellent welding for the first time & that will be quick to learn and simple to master in it.
You can weld any types of metal, including steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and nickel with a MIG welding machine.
This MIG welding machine allows you to select different types of gases that allow you to have great welding & you can also select any types of metals that you want to weld.
TIG stands for Tungsten Inert Gas, which is another welding method available. This welding method is not so beginner-friendly as it produces heat to melt metal pieces to join with each other. Though it can do exact welding, it needs to have an expert welder for welding.
Another bad sight of this MIG welding machine is it can only weld thinner metal & smaller weld, which is restricted from the versatility that is so important for beginners. The head & melted metal can be very harmful to the beginner.
So, we recommend going with the MIG welder machine first & after getting expertise in welding, then you can move to TIG Welding.
Stick welding is also known as shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), which is one of the oldest methods of welding. SMAW is a very challenging welding method because it requires the exact setup of the tip angles, electrical current, and setups, which is sometimes very challenging to the experts.
Again, stick welding use rod for welding & which continually need to replace. This welding method gives you more versatility, but you also need to face the problem described above. So, it can be very complex to the beginner.
From here, we think you have got a solid idea about which welding method you should use for the beginning of your wedding journey. But now you may think which welding machine you should buy as far you know about the ways.
Don’t worry; we will take you on tour in which you’ll get all the top MIG welder machine for beginners as well as TIG & Stick welding machines as we promised ourselves that we would enhance your knowledge in the field of welding. So, let's dig into our awesome tour of finding the best one for you.
What should you notice before buying a welder for beginners?
For the best welder for beginners, having a machine that will automatically adjust the electrical output, wire feed and voltage is almost essential.
There are so many welder machines that will handle various weld types, transfers, and voltage outputs.
However, it is advised to get a machine that will straightforward to control the output, wire feed, etc. until you become a master in welding technique.
As a beginner, we recommend you that you might go with a standard and forward power input welder. Since you are a beginner, you need to have a low voltage welder that would be 110-120V input.
You don't need to have a high-end welder machine for welding. You should remember that you are not an expert; just start the journey.
You need to buy a welder, which gives constant & good welding. It’s essential to having consistency & great welding; otherwise, you may be disappointed & you can give up welding.
This is why a top-rated welding machine is required to get started with. A great welder will always inspire you & you'll learn a lot about welding.
The best welder machine is that which has a duty cycle of about 60%. It means you can use it for a solid six minutes of welding, and after that, it will take four minutes to weld again. It will help the welder machine & you also.
Weight & Portability:
As a beginner, you may not like to have a heavy welding machine that you can’t carry anywhere you want. So, you should go with one that is lightweight & easy to move. It will help you to take it wherever you need to work with this portable machine.
Since you are a beginner, you should notice your safety. This is why you need to go with a welding machine that will help to protect any type of overload like heat protection, voltage overload protection, current overload protection, and so on. It will help you to keep both yourself & your welding safe.
Easy to Setup & Use:
You have no idea about how to set up the welder and how to use it. This is because you should go with a welding machine. It is easy to setup & also easy to use. It will help you a lot to start your welding.
We have made enough discussion about which types of welder machine you should use and what are the factors you should consider before buying an entry-level welder machine.
Are you disappoint with this comment only for MIG welder? Don’t worry. We will keep our promise that we’ve made; we’ll also give some names of other welder types like TIG & SMAW so that you can learn more about welder machines.
Our Recommendation :
we have made this list of best welder for beginners by following all the factors that we describe above in this article.
We've made this considering the perspective of a beginner & do the best for the novice in this welding world.
We can say that anyone of these welders will be so useful for starting the welding journey.
You can go with anyone of these 10-welder machines, whatever it is MIG or TIG.
But we recommend to go with MIG for the first time & after that you can go with TIG.
Frequently Asked Question :
- Can we weld the aluminum without gas?
Answer: No, you can’t weld without gas because it’s required to weld aluminum.
- Are these machines compatible with a foot pedal?
Answer: MIG machine doesn’t come with a foot pedal, so you can’t get foot pedal, but you’ll get with TIG welder machines.
- What gas is used to weld aluminum?
Answer: To weld Aluminum, you use 100% Argon, the mix of Argon, and Co2 is for steel only. You also need actual Aluminum wire also with a spool gun. This welder does very well with aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel.
- What is the warranty on this item?
Answer: Normally, most of the products have a one-year warranty, but some of them come with three years warranty.
- Can I use these with a generator?
Answer: Yes, you can. But we recommend going with highly efficient like 10KW generator.
- Is welder expensive?
The price of the welders depends on which brand, model, category welders you are thinking of buying. Also, the price depends on the quality, warranty, and many other things. If you are on a tight budget, then first fix the budget and then find welders according to that budget.