Welder machines can be handy for home use. It can be beneficial if you are interested in getting into the craft or skill of welding. Without this, sometimes, you may need to have solder for repairing household things.
You may think that welding is so hard this is why you always go for a professional welder, which charges you a lot, but in reality, welding is not as hard as you think. Best MIG welder for home use is super easy & the newer technology makes the welding machine easier to set up as well as to operate.
Now, the question arises what the best MIG welder for home use & which one should I buy for my household task is? Ok, we'll go step by step & answer all your questions. After reading this complete article, you will be able to know what the best welder is & which one is suitable for you.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is the best welder for the home?
We know that you want to pick a welding machine for your home, so you are probably a beginner, or you have not enough welding knowledge. For this reason, we recommend you go with a MIG welder machine, which is perfect for people who have no expertise or have little knowledge about welding.
This MIG Machine comes with a great variety & can weld different types of metals like steel, stainless steel, aluminum & so on. So, you may not need to buy different welders for various purposes; you'll get all the services in one machine & another reason for recommending this best MIG welder for beginner use is safety.
This welder comes with a vast protecting system like heat-protection, over-load protection, over-voltage protection, etc.
It is safe to use at home & family as a welder machine. We've talked about MIG welder and also said that this is the best welder for home use, but what is MIG stands for? MIG stands for "Metal Inert Gas," which uses inert gas for welding instead of stick or flame.
MIG welding machines use an ARC welding method. In this method, a nonstop solid wire electrode is fed into a welding gun and also into the weld pool, adding two base materials together.
An inert gas like Argon is also sent through the welding gun to protect the weld pool from contamination. These MIG welders are so efficient & their duty cycle is very impressive. In the case of welding speed, this machine is unbeatable compared to other welding machines like TIG, ARC, or Sticks welders. The faster welding speed of this welder gives you speedier welding so that you can save time as much as possible.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can have a look at the following comparison chart where we differentiate, and you can choose to buy any of them.
5 Best MIG Welder for Home Use in 2020
Before buying a MIG Welder, you must note the above factors. But not everything depends on these factors sometimes; you should take into consideration the brand and specific models for an excellent MIG welder machine. To lead you in buying the best MIG welder, we made a list of top 5 MIG welder for home use. You can buy any one of these machines for better results. Let's discuss these five products for a better buying guide.
VIVOHOME Portable Flux Core Wire No Gas MIG 130 Welder Machine 110V Yellow, MIG Welder :
While discussing MIG welder for home use, "VIVOHOME portable flux core MIG 130" comes top on our list. VIVOHOME is a Chinese brand that has lots of impressive welders, but this one is the best one for home-usage. The welding process, welding speed, portable design, etc. makes this device a fantastic deal for your home.
All these features will give clean welding. This machine is very user-friendly & one of the safest welding machines available on the market right now. You can set up this MIG machine very quickly & start your welding.
This machine will also give you a high weld as well as a great variety of welding for different types of metals. This versatility is very crucial for any home welder.
Key Features :
- No Reaction Welder: This machine weld handy flux-cored wire to self-release inert metal gas while you weld. This MIG welder prevents oxidation of the welded part, which provides a clean weld.
- Welding Process: This welding machine is suitable for every welding, especially for mild steel and stainless steel. This MIG will allow you to get a specialized finish weld, auto bodywork, and many other thin steel welding processes.
- Adjustable Welding Speed: This welding machine has a 4-level of current flow setting. You can adjust to the best current level that you want the welder to work with, and this MIG also has ten welding speeds that maximize your welding speed as you don't need the same rate every time.
- Portable Design: VIVOHOME MIG 130 is a very lightweight welder machine with a compact design. The comfortable handgrip will give you the option to carry it anywhere you want.
- Protection: The welder comes with overheating protection, which helps to protect your machine from getting too hot.
- Convenient Storage Space: This welder machine has a built-in storage space on the top of the device that is convenient for storing some small widgets, nails, and screws.
- Superior Oxidation Resistance: This MIG machine has an oxidation resistance system that automatically releases inert metal gas while working; with this, the device prevents oxidation of any welded parts.
KickingHorse F130 UL Certified. 130A High-Efficiency IGBT Inverter Run-off 15A/20A US Home Circuit Breaker. Best Welder for Beginners and Home Maintenance/Renovation :
KickingHorse is a famous Canadian brand that makes so many professional & entry-level welding machines. "KickingHorse F130 UL-Certified Flux Core Gasless best home MIG Welder 120V" is one of the best MIG welding machines for home-usage.
This machine is perfect for day to day work in your home. This MIG is also highly efficient, and its IGBT inverter is excellent in terms of energy efficiency. The safety mechanism on this welder is advantageous.
Over-heating, over-voltage, over-load protection is all included in this MIG machine. So, you need not worry about safety.
The most useful feature of a welding machine for a new welder is the easy setup & operation of the device. Setting up & operating this machine is so easy that anyone can do it very quickly. Other features like portability, voltage control, small size, etc. make this machine a complete package for your home.
Key Features :
- Infinite Voltage Control: With the help of the Infinite Voltage Control system, you can set up a perfect welding voltage for different metals since different metal requires different energy for a solid weld.
- Size & Portability: This welder is only 10 pounds, but it is very dutiful. Due to its lightweight, you can carry this welder machine anywhere you need to weld, and this also saves space in your garage. This compact designed makes the device look well.
- Easy to Setup & Operate: The side load spool and highly integrated design streamline operates the welding. Gasless MI is optimized explicitly for flux-cored welding for maximum power. Here everything is integrated for you. You just need to buy and start your welding.
- Safety: Over-heating protection, over-voltage protection, and over-load protection are built-in for safety, specifically for entry-level welders, and this is also 100% safe for home use.
- Efficiency: The IGBT inverter of this machine is very energy efficient. It can convert about 80% energy & reduce cost by 25%.
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green :
Forney is a Texas-based welder machine manufacturing company that is famous for providing MIG welders. Many of Forney welder's "Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder" is the best fit for home use.
This device is only 19 pounds; it is very portable as well as sturdy. Again, you don't need any gas for welding with this machine. The welder has 120-volt input, and the output of this machine is 140 volts.
This Best MIG welder for home use machine is easy to use, and this is because lots of hobbyists pick this branded welder. It is another reason why we recommend this MIG welding machine.
Key Features :
- Easy to Use: The 140Fc-I has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can set a perfect speed for your weld. It gives you a Perfect & smooth weld result.
- Powerful: This powerful MIG welder allows up to 140 Amp output that helps to weld mild steel up to the 0.25-inch plate.
- Rugged: The welder has an all-metal body, and it is big enough to handle 2-10 pounds rolls of best wire welder for home use.
- Control: This MIG Machine has an infinite voltage and wire feed speed control, which helps to set the perfect voltage & wire feed speed.
- Transportability & size: This machine is only 19 pounds, which is so lightweight, and because of this feature, it is easy to carry anywhere at home for welding.
- Welder Includes: This MIG has 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, an integrated handle with torch wrap, and a 20A-15A adapter. All these covered by 12 months of warranty.
Mig Welders Flux Core Gasless - Reboot MIG175 Mig Lift Tig Welding Machine 110V/220V Wire Automatic Feed 3 in1 Gas and Gasless High Duty Cycle Dual Voltage Stick Welder 2.2/11LBs IGBT Inverter Welder :
Another best MIG welder for home usage comes from Reboot. Reboot MIG175 MIG Lift is an excellent welding machine which is so powerful as well as easy to use. We said that it is best for use because of its versatility.
You can weld different types of metals with this amazing welding machine such as stainless steel, mild steel & other metal materials. The duty cycle of this device is 60%, which is perfect for a MIG welder machine. One of the best features of this welder is its weight.
It's a compact machine with having all the essential features that a best home welder needs.
Key Features :
- IGBT Inverter: This welder machine has IGBT inverter, which is a very advanced inverter technology & gives enough efficiency in welding.
- Rated Duty Cycle: This Best Home MIG welder machine has a duty cycle of 60% at 170A and 100% at 120A. This duty cycle is excellent in terms of best home welding machine as well as professional welding.
- Multi-Use: Another great feature of this welding machine is its wide range. You can use this machine for different welding types; it can weld metals like stainless steel, mild steel, other metallic materials.
- Input & Output Range: This MIG machine takes an input voltage of 220V±15%, and the output range of this machine is 30-170A current & 15-22.5V. The efficiency of this machine is 85%, which is great for the home.
- Portability: Since this machine is lightweight, it's very portable; you can carry this anywhere in your home.
Display4top Portable No Gas MIG 130 PLUS Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine, DIY Home Welder w/Free Mask - 110V :
Display4top Portable No Gas MIG 130 PLUS Welder is also an excellent choice for home use. This "flux core wired no gas" welder is very strong and durable as well as compact in size.
This Best MIG welder for home use has various applications and an excellent overload safety protection, which is essential when operating it at home. The compact size of this machine is handy in terms of carrying this machine anywhere for welding.
Again, the power input, output, efficiency, duty cycle of this welder machine is very suitable for home use. Overall this is a very compact machine for home welding; you can't go wrong buying this.
Key Feature :
- Strong & Durable: The machine is constructed with a heavy-duty stainless-steel body, painted with durable red paints that ensure its long-lasting service.
- Protection: This welder machine comes with so many protection systems. Overload protection helps to turn off the welder when it is too hot, or when the voltage & current exceeds normal. The internal cooling system helps to cool down the welder when it is too hot.
- Full Applications: This machine is very efficient for different metal welding, e.g., stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, and so on.
- Portability: The lightweight design & comfortable handgrip helps to carry the welder anywhere you need for welding.
- Duty cycle: This machine has a duty cycle of 35%, which is not so high, but due to its other super features, this little defect is negligible.
Note: Using the Best 220v MIG Welder may not give you the same benefits while using the best MIG welder for home use. But you need to know how to use a Best 220v MIG Welder.
What should be considered before buying a MIG welder?
The MIG welder is the best for home use. Still, not all the MIG welders are suitable, manufacturers make welders for different purposes and based on specialty for specific tasks, and you should be vigilant and buy only the ones you feel can be of benefit and is safe to your welding at home
Let's discuss the features that you should take into consideration before buying the best MIG welder for home use.
- Safety or Protection:
When using a welder in your home, safety is the priority before buying. You need to buy a welder that has all the safety components, as well as an accurate and high-quality protection system.
A machine should have over-voltage protection, over-current protection, under-voltage protection, heat protection, etc.
Since you will be using your welder at home, so it might not be used daily, and you also won't like changing machines frequently, the MIG welder machine you want to purchase must be durable & long-lasting. So, you can use this machine for an extended period.
- Welding Quality:
It is crucial to get a welder that produces an excellent, quality weld- similar to that of a professional; it enhances and boosts your welding activity.
- Input & Output:
Picking a welder for home use must have an input voltage supply of 110V/220V so that you can use it with the standard home line. Again, the output of the welder must be rated so that you'll get perfect welding.
- Duty Cycle:
Duty Cycle is essential for a welder machine. The entire duty cycle is from 40% to 60%, which will help you in welding time.
- Size & Portability:
You should look for a welder that is lightweight & easy to carry. You need portability because you may need to bring or move it from your garage to the garden or somewhere else.
Since you need to buy the Best MIG welder for home use, it must be versatile. So, you can weld anything that you need to weld in your home.
- Setup & Operate:
You should choose a welding machine that is simple to set up as well as easy to operate as you'll use it in your home. Otherwise, a sophisticated device can be so hectic and frustrating to a beginner.
- Welding Speed:
Since you'll use this machine in your home, speed should also be given consideration. The slower welder machine will consume your valuable time.
How Speedy do you need to Work?
Take this, MIG welders are very speedy. A welder always wants to finish a job quickly and professionally. MIG welders cannot do the fantastic finish even if the handler is an expert. You decide between a TIG welder or stick welder. Then you should choose to compare duty cycles. The lower the value, the less duration you can make use of the welder.
What about Price?
There are a lot of reasonably priced models in the marketplace. The models come with adaptable settings & sufficient power to cut metals. On the other hand, at a similar budget, you will find your desired models.
Now, should you find a luxurious welder? Since we are discussing the best MIG welder for home use, so probably not. We should not talk about that yet. If you are preparing to use the welder for multiple functions, then you can think about expensive welders.
Suppose you are attempting to put together some thin pieces of mild steel and some patchwork. Then ac welders perform the job excellently and cost you less. A DC/AC welder is also an option if you are not entirely sure of the kind of task you might come across in the project.
Most Frequently Asked Questions :
- Is it available in 220 volts?
Answer: Here in our list, most of the products available with 220V.
- What is the warranty for these products?
Answer: All the products come with a one-year warranty, but you may get more for some specific products.
- Are these a MIG/flux welder?
Answer: Yes, these machines are both MIG and Best Flux core welders.
- What does MIG stand for?
Answer: MIG (metal inert gas) welding uses a feed wire that continually moves through the gun to create a spark, then melts to form the weld.
- Will these machines run off of a generator?
Answer: Yes, You can use the MIG welder with a generator, but we recommend having a highly efficient generator.
6. Is stick welding stronger than MIG?
Answer: The weld in Stick is more penetrating than that of MIG but you can also achieve a great weld with MIG if it is set hot enough.
Our Recommendation :
We have made this list putting into consideration all the main features of a welding machine. You can buy any of these machines from our list. We can assure you that you will get the best MIG welder for home use if you consider purchasing any device from the list. Again, if you won't pick to buy from these lists, you must remember and take into consideration the factors that we mentioned.
The advanced MIG welding machine is an excellent machine for anyone who has no idea about welding, and anyone can use them to weld for household repairs. So, you don't need to go for or pay a professional welder for a little bit of welding in which you can pick up the right machine, start using and overtime you get acquainted and even turn a professional yourself. So, go for it and have fun welding at home.
We have written about the five (5) best MIG welder for home use in the article above. It is now up to you as a user to determine which one goes with your budget, has a simple setup process, and much easier to understand and also works for you; they all have great functionalities and Mode of Operation.
The MIG welder doesn't apply to every project and can only handle so much thickness, but it's a great option as it also provides fast quality weld, easier to control, and can be very efficient. The TIG and Stick welders, on the other hand, can be more valuable to certain welding metals that the MIG welder cant weld.
The article has provided a lift and aid to your picking as there are numerous brands and names out there, but based on research and expert tips; we compiled these.
You can't go wrong with any of our picks for you, and that is a guarantee you will get the reward of your spent money.