Welder machines can be a handy machine for your home. It can be beneficial if you are interested in getting into the craft or skill of welding. Without this, sometimes, you may need to have welding for repairing household things.
You may think that welding is so hard this is why you always go for a professional welder, which charges you a lot, but in reality, welding is not as hard as you think. Best MIG welder for home use is super easy & the newer technology makes the welding machine easier to set up as well as to operate.
Now, the question arises what the best MIG welder for home use & which one should I buy for my household task is? Ok, we'll go step by step & answered all your questions. After reading this complete article, you will be able to know what the best welder is & which one is suitable for you.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is the best welder for the home?
We know that you want to pick a welding machine for your home, so probably you are a beginner, or you have not enough knowledge about welding. For this reason, we recommend you to go with a MIG welder machine which is perfect for the people who have no expertise or a little knowledge about welding.
This MIG Machine comes with a great variety & can weld different types of metals like steel, stainless steel, aluminum & so on. So, you may not buy different welders for the various purposes you’ll get all the services in one machine & another reason for recommending this best home MIG welder for home use is safety.
This welder comes with a vast protecting system like heat-protection, over-load protection, over-voltage protection, etc.
This gives safety to your home & family as well as a safe weld. We’ve talked about MIG welder and also said that this is the best welder for home use, but what is MIG stands for? MIG stands for “Metal Inert Gas," which uses inert gas for welding instead of stick or flame.
MIG welding machines use an ARC welding method. In this method, a nonstop solid wire electrode is fed into a welding gun and also into the weld pool, adding two base materials together.
An inert gas like Argon is also sent through the welding gun to protect the weld pool from contamination. These MIG welders are so efficient & their duty cycle is very impressive. In the case of welding speed, this machine is unbeatable to another welding machine like TIG, ARC, or Sticks welders. The faster welding speed of this welder will give you speedier welding so that you can save your time as much as possible.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
5 Best MIG Welder for Home Use in 2020
Before buying a MIG Welder, you must notify the above factors. But not everything depends on these factors sometimes, you should notice about the brand & specific models for an excellent MIG welder machine. For helping you in buying the best MIG welder, we make a list of top 5 MIG welder for home use. You can buy any one of these machines for better results. Let’s discuss these five products for a better buying guide.
VIVOHOME Portable Flux Core Wire No Gas MIG 130 Welder Machine 110V Yellow, MIG Welder :
While talking MIG welder for home "VIVOHOME portable flux core MIG 130" comes top on our list. VIVOHOME is a Chinese brand that has lots of impressive welders, but this one is the best one for home-usage. The welding process, welding speed, portable design, etc. make this device a fantastic deal for your home.
All these features will give clean welding. This machine is very user-friendly & one of the safest welding machines available in the market right now. You can set up this MIG machine very quickly & start your welding very soon.
This machine will also allow you to weld a high weld as well as a great variety of welding for different types of metals. This versatility is very crucial for your home welder.
Key Features :
- No Reaction Welder: This machine weld handy flux-cored wire to self-release inert metal gas while you start welding. This MIG welder prevents oxidation of the welded part, which provides a clean weld.
- Welding Process: This welding machine is suitable for every welding, especially for mild steel and stainless steel. This MIG will allow getting a specialized finish in welding, auto bodywork, and many other thin steel welding processes.
- Adjustable Welding Speed: This welding machine has a 4-level of current flow setting. You can adjust the best current level that you want to have & with, which you want to weld. This MIG also has ten welding speeds that maximize your welding speed as you don't need the same rate every time.
- Portable Design: VIVOHOME MIG 130 is a very lightweight welder machine with a compact design. The comfortable handgrip will give you the option to carry it anywhere you want.
- Protection: The welder comes with overheating protection, which helps to protect your machine from overheating.
- Convenient Storage Space: This welder machine has a built-in storage space on the top of the device that is convenient for storing some small widgets, nails, and screws.
- Superior Oxidation Resistance: This MIG machine has an oxidation resistance system that automatically releases inert metal gas while working; with this, the device prevents oxidation of any welded parts.
KickingHorse F130 UL Certified. 130A High-Efficiency IGBT Inverter Run-off 15A/20A US Home Circuit Breaker. Ideal for Beginners and Home Maintenance/Renovation :
KickingHorse is a famous Canadian brand that makes so many professional & entry-level welding machines. "KickingHorse F130 UL-Certified Flux Core Gasless best home MIG Welder 120V" is one of the best MIG welding machines for home-usage.
This machine is perfect for day to day work in your home. This MIG is also highly efficient, and its IGBT inverter is excellent in terms of energy efficiency. The safety system of this welder is so effective.
Over-heating, over-voltage, over-load protection is all included in this MIG machine. So, you need not worry about safety.
The most useful feature of a welding machine for a new welder is to set up & operate the machine. Setting up & operate this machine is so easy that anyone can do it very quickly. Other features like portability, voltage control, small size, etc. make this machine a perfect package for your home.
Key Features :
- Infinite Voltage Control: With the help of the Infinite Voltage Control system, you can set up the perfect welding voltage for different metals since different metal requires different energy for a solid weld.
- Size & Portability: This welder is just only 10 pounds, but it is very dutiful. Due to its lightweight, you can carry this welder machine anywhere you need to weld, and this also saves your space in your garage. This compact designed machined looks well too.
- Easy to Setup & Operate: The side load spool and highly integrated design streamline operates the welding. The gasless MIG gun is optimized specifically for flux-cored welding for maximum power. Here everything is integrated for you. You just need to buy and start your welding.
- Safety: Over-heating protection, over-voltage protection, and over-load protection are built-in for safety specifically for entry-level welders and this is also 100% safe for home use.
- Efficiency: The IGBT inverter of this machine is very energy efficient. This can convert about 80% energy & reduce cost by 25%.
Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder, 120V, Green :
Forney is a Texas-based welder machine manufacturing company that is famous for providing MIG welders. Many of Forney welder's "Forney Easy Weld 261, 140 FC-i MIG Welder" is the best fit for home use.
This device is only 19 pounds so it'll be very portable as well as powerful too. Again, you don't need any gas for welding with this welder. The welder has 120-volt input, and the output of this machine is 140 volts.
This Best MIG welder for home use machine is easy to use, and this is because lots of hobbyists pick this branded welder. It is another reason why we recommend this MIG welding machine.
Key Features :
- Easy to Use: The 140Fc-I has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can set a perfect speed for your weld. This gives you a Perfect & smooth weld for your home welding.
- Powerful: This powerful MIG welder allows up to 140 Amp output that helps to weld mild steel up to the 0.25-inch plate.
- Rugged: The welder has an all-metal body, and it is big enough to handle 2-10 pounds rolls of wire.
- Control: This MIG Machine has an infinite voltage, and wire feed speed control, which helps to set the perfect voltage & wire feed speed.
- Transportability & size: This machine is only 19 pounds, which is so lightweight, and due to this weight, it is easy to carry anywhere in your home for welding.
- Welder Includes: This MIG has 8’ MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, an integrated handle with torch wrap, and a 20A-15A adapter. All these are packed by 12 months of warranty.
Mig Welders Flux Core Gasless - Reboot MIG175 Mig Lift Tig Welding Machine 110V/220V Wire Automatic Feed 3 in1 Gas and Gasless High Duty Cycle Dual Voltage Stick Welder 2.2/11LBs IGBT Inverter Welder :
Another best MIG welder for home usage comes from Reboot. Reboot MIG175 MIG Lift is a great welding machine which is so powerful as well as easy to use. We said that it is best for use because of its versatility.
You can weld different types of metals with this amazing welding machine such as stainless steel, mild steel & other metal materials. The duty cycle of this device is 60%, which is perfect for a MIG welder machine. One of the best features of this welder is its weight.
It’s a compact machine with having all the essential features that a home welder needs.
Key Features :
- IGBT Inverter: This welder machine has IGBT inverter, which is very advanced inverter technology & gives enough efficiency in welding.
- Rated Duty Cycle: This Best Home MIG welder machine has a duty cycle of 60% at 170A and 100% at 120A. This duty cycle is great in terms of home welding as well as professional welding.
- Multi-Use: Another great feature of this welding machine is its wide range. You can use this machine for different welding types of metals like stainless steel, mild steel, other metallic materials.
- Input & Output Range: This MIG machine takes an input voltage of 220V±15%, and the output range of this machine is 30-170A current & 15-22.5V. The efficiency of this machine is 85%, which is great for the home.
- Portability: Since this machine is lightweight, so it’s very portable; you can carry this anywhere in your home.
Display4top Portable No Gas MIG 130 PLUS Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine, DIY Home Welder w/Free Mask - 110V :
The wide application of this Best MIG welder for home use has a great overload safety protection which is essential for your home. The compact size of this machine is very effective in terms of carrying this machine anywhere for welding.
Again, the power input, output, efficiency, duty cycle of this welder machine is very suitable for home use. Overall this is a very compact machine for home welding & you must like this for your home.
Key Feature :
- Strong & Durable: This machine is made with a heavy-duty stainless-steel body, painted with durable red paints that ensure its long-lasting service.
- Protection: This welder machine comes with so many protection systems. Overload protection helps to turn off the welder when it is too hot or the voltage & current exceed. The internal cooling system helps to cool down the welder when it is too hot.
- Full Applications: This machine is so efficient to weld different types of metals like stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum, and so on.
- Portability: The lightweight design & comfortable handgrip helps to carry the welder anywhere you need for welding.
- Duty cycle: This machine has a duty cycle of 35%, which is not so high, but considering other features, this little defect can be negligible.
Note: Using the Best 220v MIG Welder may not give you the same benefits while using the best MIG welder for home use. But you need to know how to use a Best 220v MIG Welder.
What should be considered before buying a MIG welder?
Though we’ve said that MIG welder is the best for home use but not all the MIG welders, manufacturers make different types of machines for their business purpose & they all have a specialty for a specific task, still, in your case, you should consider buying this right one with which you can do all your household tasks easily.
- Safety or Protection:
In case of using a welder in your home, safety is the first priority before buying. You need to buy a welder that must have all the safety components as well as the protection system must be accurate & high quality.
A machine should have over-voltage protection, over-current protection, under-voltage protection, heat protection, etc.
Since you’ll use it for your home so it won’t be used daily& you also won’t like to change it frequently, so the MIG welder machine must be durable & long-lasting. So, you can use this machine for an extended period.
- Welding Quality:
The welding quality must be very well for your welder; otherwise, you won’t get smooth welding, which may hurt your family members.
- Input & Output:
Picking a welder for home use must have 110V/220V input voltage supply so that it can be used with the standard home line. Again, the output of the welder must be rated so that you’ll get perfect welding.
- Duty Cycle:
Duty Cycle is essential for a welder machine. The entire duty cycle is from 40% to 60%, which will help you in welding time.
- Size & Portability:
You should look for a welder that has lightweight & easy to carry. You need portability because you may bring it from your garage to the garden or somewhere else, that’s because you need it.
Since you need to buy the Best MIG welder for home use, it must be versatile. So, you can weld anything that you need to weld in your home.
- Setup & Operate:
You might choose a welding machine that is easy & simple to set up as well as easy to operate as you’ll use it in your home. Otherwise, a sophisticated device can be so dangerous to you & your family.
- Welding Speed:
Since you’ll use this machine in your home, so the speed is a must. The faster rate will consume your time.
How Speedy do you need to Work?
Judge this. MIG welders are very speedy. A welder always needs to finish the job quickly and professionally. MIG welders cannot do the fantastic finish even he is an expert. You make a decision a TIG welder or stick welder. Then you shall desire to compare duty cycles. The lower the value, the less duration you can make use of the welder continuously.
What about Price?
There is a lot of reasonably priced models in the marketplace. The models come with adaptable settings & sufficient power to cut the metals. On the other hand, at a similar budget, you will find your desirable models.
Now, should you find a luxurious welder? We are discussing the best MIG welder for home use, probably not. So we should not do that. If you prepare to use it multiple functions, then you can think about expensive welders.
If you are attempting to put together with thin pieces of mild steel & for some patchwork. Then ac welders perform the job excellent & cost you a less. A DC/AC welder is also an option if you are not entirely sure what kind of task you might tackle in the prospect.
Most Frequently Asked Questions :
- Is it available in 220 volts?
Answer: Here in our list, most of the products available with 220V.
- What is the warranty for these products?
Answer: All the products come with a one-year warranty, but you may get more for some specific products.
- Are these a MIG/flux welder?
Answer: yes, these machines are both mig& flux core welders.
- What is MIG stands for?
Answer: MIG (metal inert gas) welding uses a feed wire that continually moves through the gun to create the spark, then melts to form the weld.
- Will these machines run off of a generator?
Answer: Yes, You can weld with this MIG welder by the generator, but we recommend having a highly efficient generator.
Our Recommendation :
We have made this list remembering all the main features of a welding machine. You can buy any of these machines from our list. We can assure you that you must get the best MIG welder for home use if you consider purchasing any device from the list. Again, if you won’t like to buy from these lists, you must remember the factors that we’ve mention earlier.
The advanced MIG welding machine is an excellent machine for anyone who has no idea about welding & anyone can weld for household repairing. So, you don't need to go for a welder for a little bit of welding; you can do it with your own just by picking the right welder.