We all know that welding is a dangerous task. And the hand of a welder is the very closest organ to the welding area. Without the proper protection, the hand of a welder can be injured or sometimes he or she can be hospitalized.
So, the welder might take the best possible protective steps to keep his hand safe from any kind of unwanted accident that can be occurred from the molten metal, sparks, spatters, or other welding waste.
Here is the role of the best MIG welding gloves, which helps you to protect your hand from any flame, sparks, spatter, or anything else. But a question of the matter is that different types of welding require different kinds of gloves.
Here in this article, we will discuss the best MIG welding gloves, but going through this article, you will get to know about what is a welding glove, why you need to use this, the difference between various types of gloves as well as a list of best big gloves.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
5 Best MIG Welding Gloves
I think we've discussed a lot about the MIG gloves & now it is time to see the top MIG gloves that took place on our list. This list will help you to buy the best one in a short time.
Lincoln Electric Traditional MIG/Stick Welding Gloves :
Though the name refers that it is MIG/stick welding glove, but it is preferred for MIG welding. This glove is high heat resistance as it is made with high-grade leather. It can also resist flames, spatter, or also sparks.
The inner section of this glove is very comfortable with hand. The straight thumb design enhances more comfort & fingertip sensitivity. The sweat absorption system of this glove is excellent that helps your hand sweat-free for a great workflow.
The reinforced design of this glove ensures more durability so that you can use it for the long term. In all, the quality & features are much enough for getting high protection for the MIG welding task.
Key Features :
- Industrial Durability: The gloves are made with high-grade leather & it is designed for industrial durability. The design features kevlar threading, leather exterior, reinforced stress point & fully lined interior. This design gives strength for prolonged usage.
- Superior Comfort: The inner section of this glove is very comfortable. The soft cotton hand liner & straight thumb design increase comfort. It also sweats absorber too, which helps your hand sweat-free for better working experience.
- Consistent Quality: All the pairs of gloves are the same in quality, specification & materials, which ensure regular fit & function.
RAPICCA Leather Forge Welding Gloves :
This best MIG welding glove features with durability, extreme heat resistant, superior comfort, security & so on.
This MIG glove is made with high-quality split natural cowhide leather, which can resist flame, sparks, spatters, etc. This 16-inch welding glove covers both fingers, palms, elbow, which is a great protective system. It has four layers of heat resistant protection for more safety & it can bear up to 932 0F or 500 0C temperatures.
The sweat absorption of this glove helps to give a sweat freehand while welding. In a word, this a top-grade welding glove & you can use it without any safety worry.
Key Features :
- Reinforced Design: This best welding glove has double reinforced Kevlar Layer padding for both fingers, palms, elbow & backs that ensure the most extreme heat resistance.
- Protection: This glove ensures the protection from high heat & temperature of up to 932 0. This also helps to protect against flame, sparks, spatter, molten metal & other hazardous things.
- Comfort: The inner layer of this flame retardant glove is made with 100% soft insulated cotton that is highly heat & cold resistance as well as a sweat absorbent. This feature ensures the comfortability & enhance your work speed.
- Superior Security: This welding glove has an extra 7.5 inches long sleeve that protects your forearms from welding sparks, open flames & hot steam.
- Multi-Use: Though this glove is best for MIG welding, it can be used for other work too. You can use it for bbq, animal handling, pot holding, grilling & so on.
John Tillman and Co 50XL Top Grain Leather MIG Gloves :
This MIG glove is made with top-grain split leather that gives excellent heat protection. The Kevlar thread of this MIG glove ensures the durability and its cuffs can be extended 4 inches up the arms that provide more coverage & protection to you.
This glove has a fleece-lined which add extra protection in hot & cold condition so that you can use this in cold weather. The elastic material of this glove ensures the perfect fitting to your hand so that you can work comfortably.
Key Features :
- Material: This MIG glove is made with top-grain cowhide. It also has fleece material that is soft to touch for extra comfort, and the elastic material provides the best suitable option.
- Durability: The reinforced design and Kevlar threads of this best MIG welding glove ensure the longevity of this product that gives you the option to use it for a long time.
- Protection: This glove is high heat & temperature protective. It can also give security in both hot & cold conditions, and the cuff of this can be extended 4 inches for more coverage & protection.
- Usage: This MIG glove can be used for different purpose & in all case, it provides the best protection, and it is best for hobbyist & professional who works outdoors.
Premium Leather Welding Gloves :
Another best MIG welding glove of our list is "Premium Leather Welding Gloves." This glove is certified for extreme fire & heat resistance. This 16-inch glove is made with high-quality leather that ensures the high heat & temperature & it can bear up to 932 0F temperature.
The inner layer is made with 100% soft cotton, which is an excellent sweat absorbent. The protective feature of this glove is so vast, including heat resistant, puncture-resistant, fire-resistant, and also cut resistant.
This is a multi-use MIG glove that can be used for animal handling, gardening, pruning, camping, grilling & so on. The most important feature of this glove is that it can be used by both men and women.
Key Feature :
- Extreme Fire Heat Resistant: This glove is certified for extreme heat & fire resistant. Made with high-quality leather this glove can ensure the high heat resistance & the temperature up to 932 0F or 500 0
- Safety & Gripping: This 16-inch glove covers your full hand with forearms that protect from any kind of welding sparks, spatter, hot coal, or any other dangerous debris. The gripping of this welding glove is excellent, which enhances your work speed & reduces the chance of an accident by falling the welding gun.
- Comfort: The inner section of this glove is made with 100% soft cotton, which ensures sweat absorption & keeps your hand sweat-free.
- Multi-Use: This best MIG welding glove can be used by both men & women and can also be used for different purposes like grilling, pruning, camping, animal handling & so on.
Mig/Stick Welding Gloves :
This glove is extremely heat resistant & can bear up to 662 0F temperature. The inner soft cotton lining & gripping make this glove more usable. The reinforced stitching of this welding glove ensures more durability.
The hook of this glove ensures that you can keep your workplace cleaner by hanging it up. This MIG glove is for both men & women and can be used for different types of work. You can use it as a camping glove, cut resistant glove, gardening glove, bbq glove, animal handling glove & so on.
Key Feature :
- Genuine Leather: These Best MIG welding gloves are made with thick and heavy-duty cowhide split with soft cotton lining that ensures extreme heat resistant & scratching-resistant.
- Performance: This MIG glove performs well in any condition. It can bear up to 662 0F or 350 0C temperature while working. The gripping with hot stuff such as stove, burning coal, etc. are great with this glove.
- Practical Design: The reinforced stitching of this best welding glove ensures more durability & long term use. With the help of hooks of this glove, you can hang it up & can keep your workplace cleaner.
- Multi-Use: Though this glove is made for welding purposes, it can be used for other stuff. You can use it as safety gloves, heat resistant gloves, gardening glove, camping glove & so on.
What is a MIG Welding Glove?
If you are in the welding industry, sometimes you may hear the name of a welding glove, but what is the name refer for. A MIG glove is a glove that is used for MIG welding or Metal Inert Gas welding process. The MIG welding gloves are very durable & heat resistant. These MIG gloves are very heat resistant & can bear up to 1000 to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit of temperatures.
Generally, the gloves are made with natural materials like top-grade cowhide, pig hide, or deer hides as these materials are very heat resistant. This glove also has an anti-splatter spray that helps to prevent leather burning.
There are different sizes of gloves, but all the gloves cover all the fingers & some of them also cover the metacarpus area of your hand. The last sizes are the best for more safety. The best MIG welding gloves save you from any unwanted incident while you're using the MIG welding process.
Difference Between MIG, TIG & Stick welding Gloves!
If you go on a market for a welding glove, you may find a lot of gloves. Some of them are general-purpose & some of them are specific purpose welding gloves. As there are different types of the welding process, the welding gloves must be different types. The TIG welding needs TIG welding gloves, MIG needs MIG gloves & stick welding also need stick welding gloves.
But here is a question that all are welding gloves, but what's the reason for using specific gloves for specific welding process & what's the difference between the gloves.
These welding processes are not the same & their heating temperature & other things also not the same. The materials from which these best Mig welding gloves are made are different from each other. Let's see what's the difference among them;
- MIG Welding Gloves: This type of gloves is used for the MIG welding process. This type of welding glove is highly heated & spatter resistant.
The best MIG welding glove provides maximum protection with dexterity. Generally, the materials of MIG gloves are cow, deer, or pig hides.
- TIG Welding Gloves: TIG gloves are used for TIG welding gloves. This type of glove designed for providing finger sensitivity with adequate protection. A typical TIG glove made from goat, pig, or cowhides.
- Stick Welding Gloves: Another type of welding glove is stick welding gloves, which are used for stick welding. It is the most robust type of welding gloves that are made with cow or elk hides.
Benefits of MIG welding gloves!
If you are a professional welder, you can't contradict the importance of the best MIG gloves for your day to day work. This glove can help you to protect your hand from any unwanted hazards. First of all, the glove can save your hand from spatter, sparks, or high-temperature & you can work without any worry.
These gloves have a great gripping, which gives an excellent grip between your hand & the MIG welding gun, which is very important for a nice & best welding. Like the sweat of your hand can reduce your working speed, but the inner layer of the best MIG glove reduces sweat or absorb sweat, which helps to increase your work speed as well as your working quality.
MIG gloves also protect your hand from any electric shock that can happen from the wire of any machine. So, in summary, we can say that a glove is a complete protective wearable for saving your hand.
Why do you need to use a MIG Glove?
As far as we've discussed, the benefit of the best welding glove, but do you need one? Of course, yes, MIG gloves are so beneficial. Suppose you are doing welding tasks, but you aren't using a glove. It can be very harmful.
A little spark or spatter can fly over your hand, or a piece of molten metal can drop on your hand & your hand can be burnt out, or you may be injured & be hospitalized, but while you start using a MIG glove there will be no chance of it. Your hand will be safe from any kind of spark, spatter, or molten metal also.
Again, the best MIG glove will give an excellent grip between your hand & welding gun, which improves your working speed & it also helps from any unwanted accident that can be happened by slipping the welding gun. Another reason for using the best MIG welding glove is sweat absorption.
The inner layer of a MIG glove helps to absorb the sweat of your hand, which helps to keep your workflow nice by reducing irritation of your hand. In all, we can say that if you are a welder & use MIG welding, you must need high-quality MIG gloves for your safety as well as a good workflow.
Welding Gloves Material
Most welding gloves are made of leather. It provides accurate soothing and security from sparks, spatter, and warm metal. The welding gloves should be thick. There are many types of leather gloves in the marketplace. It provides security, long-lasting, and soothing.
According to the American Welding Society, the different kinds of leather give various benefits. Below we can discuss it.
- Elk Skin
Elk provided by The high level of soothing. It does not take away from its warm, splatter, and flame. The products come in more massive cuts & give high security for stick welding.
The cowhide is one more long-lasting, warm resistant, and fire-resistant fabric for the welding at the highest temperatures. Cowhide is familiar for its adaptability, long-lasting, and soothing. It is the well-known MIG welding gloves.
Deerskin is the easiest fit, along with a lot of deftness. It comes from deerskin welding gloves. You can use the thick deerskin gloves for the high-temperature project work. The deerskin gives the benefit of captivating the form of your hand. And it makes you very comfortable.
TIG welding usually supports goatskin gloves. They are very sooting, flexible, safe, and light. It is very vital for picking up & feeding the filler rods. It also water and oil resistant.
Actually, suitable welding gloves are produced from grain leather. It is the best quality outer layer of bird and animal hide. The welding gloves balance suppleness with the warm guard. And it will vary depending on the welding procedure; you are used.
What do you need to see before buying?
Buying the best MIG glove is not so easy. You should have proper knowledge about the MIG glove for a better buy; otherwise, your glove won't support you as much as you want. Some crucial things that you must take into consideration before buying the best welding gloves are listed below. By following these, you may get the best welding glove for your protection.
- Materials: Usually, the best welding glove is made with high-grade leather. This leather can be cowhide, deer hide, or pig hides. Before buying, you need to see what is the primary material of the glove & it should be top-grade leather.
- Glove Type: Remember that you're buying a MIG glove, so you should concern that you don't get a TIG or Stick welding glove instead of a MIG welding glove.
- Design & Durability: A premium welding glove must be durable. You need to see that the glove you are buying has reinforced design & Kevlar thread. These ensure the durability of the glove.
- Fitting & Size: A better fitting helps a lot while working, so you should be concern about the fitting of the glove with your hand. Some gloves are large enough that they can cover forearms too that give more protection & you might consider it.
- Protection: You are buying a glove for protecting your hand from sparks & spatter, so it must be highly protective & it should have the power to protect you from those unwanted incidents.
- Comfort: While using a glove, your hand will sweat, so your glove should be sweat absorber. This feature ensures that you don't feel any irritation while working.
- Multi-Use: Sometimes, you would like to use your MIG glove for other tasks. If you want to use it for different tasks, you need to buy a multi-purpose MIG welding glove that can help you a lot.
Note: With using the Best Welding Gloves, you also should Wear Fire Resistant Welding Jackets for Protecting your body from flames. Knowing about Best Welding Gloves, you can read this article.
Frequently Asked Question!
- Are these a pair of gloves or one glove?
Answer: All the gloves come with a pair that means if you buy any one of them you'll get two gloves or a pair of gloves.
- Are these good for stick welding?
Answer: These are the best MIG welding gloves & some of them are multi-use. You can use them for stick welding, but it is not recommended.
- Can they be washed in the washing machine?
Answer: We don't recommend washing these gloves with a washing machine as frequent washing can affect the heat resistance of the glove.
Final Thought :
We hope that you may get some knowledge about the MIG gloves & which one should be the best for you. You can go and buy any of them from our list or can prioritize your own choice, but remember your safety is first. We try our level best to help you by giving information about the Best MIG welding gloves.
But if you find some wrong information, please let us know so that others can be benefited. Finally, use the best protection while welding so that you can keep yourself safe from any accident. Happy welding.