While welding, you need to be more careful about the safety of you & surrounding yours. A molten splatter or spark can damage many things around your welding area. So, you need to achieve a high level of safety while welding. The best welding blanket comes in to play a significant role in providing the best protection to you & your surroundings.
This blanket generally uses for preventing spatters or droplets from hitting you and your equipment while welding.
Finding a top-class blanket is not so easy. You need to have a vast knowledge about the blanket. Or you can read this full article so that you can buy or get the best welding blanket for the safety of your surroundings.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
5 Best Welding Blanket
ABN Heavy-Duty Fiberglass Fire Retardant Blanket :
4x6 foot sized welding fireproof thermal resistant insulation is a 100% flame retardant welder blanket that prevents property damage, accidents, injuries from sparks, flares & splatter.
This top-grade blanket is highly heat resistant up to 1000 0F or 5370C. A tight weaving pattern remains the blanket mutually & reduces wear & tear for ultimate stability for long term utilize.
The flexibility of this blanket is given a great option to store this blanket in a small place & can transport everywhere. This best welding blanket is used in various applications like welding, grills, smokers & so on.
Key Feature :
- Thermal Protection: This heavy-duty Fireproof Blanket is made with fiberglass. Thermal resistant insulation is a 100% flame retardant that prevents accidents, injuries & property damage that can be occurred by sparks, splatter, or flares.
- Various Application: This blanket can be used for any purpose. From furniture to flooring & wood railings, you can use it everywhere for preventing sparks, embers, molten metal & heat. Those come from welders, smokers, grills, etc.
- Built to Last: This welding blanket is constructed from 19.8 oz/yd2 fiberglass that can resist up to 1000 0F temperature for maximum thermal protection in any heavy-duty general welding applications.
- Reinforced Design: A tight weaving pattern of 30x30 per inch is used to keep bound together & reduce wear and tear for great durability.
- Easy Store: This is a very flexible fiberglass blanket that can be folded up to a compact 14"x13"x2" which allow you to store it any small place you want.
HANSWAY High Temp 36''X36''X1/4'' Felt Carbon Fiber Welding Blankets :
Made of tear carbon fiber, the Hansway High Temp 36"x36"x1/4" felt welding blankets come second in our list. It is a great blanket with a temperature resistance power of up to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.
This blanket is made with high-quality carbon fiber & the efficiency of this blanket is so high in heating & cooling.
A wide range of use for draping over equipment or floor surfaces in the welding area is an essential feature of this blanket. The protection of this blanket is excellent. It can prevent sparks, spatter, slags, etc.
Key Features :
- Size: The size of this welding blanket is 36X36 inches & the thickness of this blanket is 6mm. The weight of this blanket is 21oz./sq.yd. So, it is a very compact design & can be stored in a small place.
- Materials: The blanket is made with high-quality tear-resistant carbon fiber, which protects from temperature up to 1800-degree Fahrenheit.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of this welder blanket is excellent in heating & cooling.
- Widely Use: This blanket can be used for multipurpose. from draping over equipment or floor surfaces in welding areas or as a vertical shield to protect you & your surroundings from sparks, spatter & slag.
Neiko 10909A Fiberglass Welding Blanket :
Another heavy-duty & highly protective Fireproof Blanket is Neiko 10909A Fiberglass Welding Blanket. This blanket is so durable & general purpose which can prevent property damages from sparks & spatters.
6 Ft. x 8 Ft. sized blanket is made with 19.8 oz./sq. Yd fiberglass to provide excellent thermal protection during welding.
A Premium weaving pattern of 30 X 30 per square inch adds extra durability and stands up to long-term repeated use & this can work on up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. Combining all these things, it is a great fire blanket for welding as well as other tasks.
Key Features :
- 100% Flame Retardent: This top-class welding blanket is very useful & it can prevent damages from sparks, spatter, etc. during welding time.
- Heavy Duty: 19.8 oz/sq. Yd. Fiberglass of this blanket provides excellent thermal protection from any unwanted incidents.
- Premium weaving Pattern: A premium weaving pattern of 30X30 per square inch adds extra durability & stands up to long-term repeated use.
- Working Temperature: This blanket can bear high heat of up to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit or 537 degrees Celsius.
- Brass Hanging Grommets: The brass grommets in every 11 inches ensures secure & easy hanging in your working environments.
Agyle Products Welding Blanket :
Another good welder blanket in our list is “Agyle Products Fireproof Blanket.” This high-quality fire blanket made with top-grade fiberglass & the size of this is very large about 8 FT by 8 FT. This large size covers a lot of space & gives a cleanliness workspace for better welding.
The top-grade fiberglass of this best welding blanket keeps you & your surroundings safe from any kind of fire parts. The thermal protection of this blanket from sparks & spatter is so great, which is very important for the welding blanket.
This high temp welding blanket can also be used for smokers, pellets, air ducts, ductwork, curtains, doors & other smoke control systems. Taking all these things into consideration, this can be a great choice for the best fire blanket.
Key Features :
- Working Temperature: It made off with high-quality fiberglass, this blanket can bear high temperatures up to 10000 degrees Fahrenheit or 537 degrees Celsius.
- Workplace Cleanliness: The size of this fiberglass welding blanket is very large. You can use it while welding in your back yard or garage. And it will keep things simple & clean as well as It will protect your workplace.
- Safety: This Fireproof Blanket keeps catching fire away while welding. This blanket also gives great protection from sparks & spatter. The thermal protection of this high temp blanket is very impressive.
- Multi-Use: Apart from the welding task, this blanket can also use for other tasks like for smokers, pellets, air ducts, ductwork, curtains, doors & other smoke control systems.
- Molten Metal: This blanket is also capable of handling the molten metal, which gives an extra feature of this blanket.
Waylander Welding Blanket Premium :
Another 100% flame-retardant heavy-duty welding blanket is "Waylander Welding Blanket." This welding blanket is very reliable against heat, sparks & splatter & it can resist heat up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit or 750 degrees Celsius.
Vermiculite impregnated fiberglass, which is the core material of this high temp welder blanket, is very skin-friendly & it makes the minimum skin irritation as well as stress.
Reinforced design with 12 heavy duty brass grommets allows a secure, safe & easy hanging. It is also a multi-purpose welding blanket. You can use it for your safety in many ways.
It used for the smoker, bbq, fire pit, welding curtain, etc. It can also be used for personal & material protection, both vertically & horizontally. The weight of the fiberglass blanket is very light, about 5.5 pounds or 2.2 kg. Not only is it very lightweight, but it is also very convenient & safe to handle.
Key Features :
- Flame Retardant: This high temp best fire blanket is very reliable. It can protect from heat, sparks & splatter for both vertical & horizontal surfaces. It is 100% flame retardant too.
- Protection: This heavy-duty Fireproof Blanket is very heat resistant & it can resist heat up to 1400 F or 750 C. This can give proper protection to you or your surroundings.
- Materials: This heavy-duty best welding blanket made with vermiculite impregnated fiberglass that is very skin-friendly. These materials cause minimum skin irritation or stress, which gives the best working experience to you.
- Super Strong & User-Friendly: The reliable build quality with reinforced solid hem makes this the best option & it also has 12 heavy-duty brass grommets for secure & easy hanging.
- Size & Weight: These fire blankets are very lightweight, about only 5.5 pounds or 2.2 kg & the dimension is 6 FT X 6 FT. It is also very convenient & safe handling too.
What is a welding blanket?
As the name suggests, a welding blanket is a blanket that is used for safety while welding. Generally, a DIY blanket is designed to prevent spatters or droplets from hitting you & your equipment while welding. The blanket is highly heat resistant as well as splash & droplets preventer.
The blanket can be a layer of highly protective materials that contain inorganic or heat resistant elements. Most of the best welding blanket is made with fiberglass & leathers as these materials highly heat resistance. Sometimes the materials can be silicate fiber since it is a 2-hours fire rating and a temperature rating of 1200 0C.
In terms of usage & the range of providing safety, there are three types of blankets available such as Medium-duty blanket, Neoprene welding Blanket, Heavy-duty blanket. These are the main three types of blankets. Let's talk about these types.
- Medium-duty Welder Blanket: These types of blankets are very flexible & can be used with ease and flexibility. Medium-duty blankets are specially made for industrial use, but others can use this. The blankets are not susceptible to burns & can withstand heat up to 290 C. This blanket is well enough that vapors, oil, grease or liquids can't affect it.
- Neoprene Welder Blanket: This type of welder blanket is not so flexible. The main advantage of this blanket is, it can be configured for vertical usage. This type of blanket is specially used for protecting window frames, walls & even bookshelves during welding.
- Heavy-duty Welding Blanket: This type of blanket is more superior & more reliable for safety that can resist heat up to 1000 C. Heavy-duty welder blanket can provide you the best security than any other blanket types.
The Benefit of a welding blanket!
The benefits of a welding blanket can not be describable in terms of welding prospects. The main benefit of the blanket you may notice that sometimes you need to weld on the surface, but it makes a strain on the floor, which is not desirable, here the blanket comes.
You can weld the metals keeping on the blanket & it'll not make any strain to the surface. Apart from that, the best welding blankets can help to protect you as well as equipment & surrounding areas during welding. A top-grade blanket provides great protection from sparks, grinding, welding slag, splatter, high-temperature exposure & molten metal splash also.
A blanket can save you & your furniture from the flying spark those generated during inside welding. You won't get any of this safety if you don't use the blanket & these can hazard a lot to you & your surroundings. But if you use a blanket, you'll get all these benefits from a blanket.
Why do you need a welding blanket?
Before, we've discussed the benefit of a welding blanket. But can you imagine how important it can be for you during welding time? Think, you're welding & a little spark of flame spatter & it can affect the ability to burn surroundings you. Do you want this? Of course, Not, here the high temp welding blanket can help you to keep yourself & your surroundings safe.
A good welder gives you protection from sparks, grinding, welding slag, splatter, high-temperature, molten metal splash, etc.& your home & other things will be saved from them. So, you need a blanket to get protection from those dangers.
Now, you may think that you need a welder blanket, but you don’t know which one should you buy. Here, we’ll discuss all the things that you need to know about the blanket as well as a list of welding blanket.
A Complete Buying Guide
From a vast number of welding blanket, selecting the best one is not so easy. We do a list of the best fire blankets. If you would not like to buy one from these, you need to know some essential key points that you should consider. You must notice some essential factors so that you can get a good welding blanket for your best safety. What are those factors? Let see;
- Materials: A typical Fireproof Blanket made with pure animal leather & carbon fibers. The blanket must be consisting of flexible protective materials. It contains unexpanded vermiculite & inorganic heat resistant materials.
- Protection: A good welder blanket must be protective. Fire, heat, molted metal, splatters, flame all these things must be resisted by a welding blanket & the blanked must have these features.
- Size: You must select the right sized blanket for your work as the size matter in real life. Not so big nor so small size will help you with excellent welding experience.
- Type of Blanket: We discussed the three types of blankets you might choose the right one for you from those three types.
When buying any product, we should remember about comfort. It is a very vital issue. No one likes to be awkward situations while working. In the article, we list a very comfortable product. We have selected this product through many experiments. So you can go for products with your needs.
- Temperature resistance
What kind of temperature can it all withstand? At first, we should about the working place temperature. Then you can purchase the welding blanket by your needs. A branded welding blanket saves you during welding time.
In this article, we list some famous branded welding blanket. We can collect from here without hesitation. A good welding blanket can save you different welding hazards. So you can trust us. You can buy ABN heavy-duty, Hansway, Neiko, Agyle, and waylander.
Frequently Asked Question :
- Do these products have asbestos in it or on it?
Answer: No. All these products are asbestos-free. They have no touch of asbestos.
- Can I use this blanket to protect a campfire during rain?
Answer: No. These blankets are not waterproof. So, you can not use it to protect a campfire during rain.
- Can these blankets be washed in a washing machine?
Answer: We would not recommend washing this in a primary washing machine. An industrial washing machine might be a better option.
- Will this work next to an exhaust?
Answer: Yes. You can use these next to the exhaust.
- Can I use it on top of my grill?
Answer: No. Most of these Fireproof Blankets made for under grill usage.
Final Thought :
In the meantime, we have discussed a lot about the best welding blankets. We wish that you might have got some idea about the right one that goes with you. Apart from that, you may also know about the noticeable factors of a blanket. And it must be considered before buying.
You can buy any of them from our top 5 best welding blanket list or following your own choice. Besides, if you want to know something or you notice something that we missed out. Let us know so that others can be benefited.