Welding is always dangerous & speared flame around the welding area. So, you must take the necessary safety for protecting yourself from fire and UV radiation.
For that, you need to wear welding suits, safety glasses, leather apron, best welding gloves, etc. These all are very important for your safety while welding & you need to make sure all these products are excellent in quality & comfortable to wear.
Welding gloves are quite essential for welding. The hand remains very close to the welding area. The flame is always spearing, and your hands are likely to continually be exposed to the 10,000 degrees of hot molten metal & UV radiation.
With a pair of best welding gloves, you can maximize your skill & your workforce. But choosing the right pair is not a very easy task. For this reason, we write a complete review for guiding you to buy a good pair of welding gloves.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
[wptb id="940" not found ]
10 Best Welding Gloves
RAPICCA Leather Forge Welding Gloves :
Though it is small in size, it produces coverage to protect your arms. The double reinforced Kevlar layer padding of this welding gloves makes its extreme heat resistance.
Lamination of air-isolated Aluminum foil &flame-retardant cotton cloth makes it highly temperature resistant & the inner layer is 100% soft insulated cotton lining.
Since it is made of cowhide, these welder gloves are heat resistant, wear-resistant, puncture resistance, cut resistant. These gloves are excellent in different types of welding like MIG, TIG & stick welding.
Top Features :
- Extreme Heat Resistant: Double Reinforced kevlar layer padding on both fingers, palms, Elbow & Backs on the welding gloves, which makes it extremely heat resistant.
- Insulation: The glove is made with natural cowhide for that it is an excellent insulator & will help you get rid of electric shock.
- Superior Security: This glove is 16" with a 7.5" long sleeve which protect your forearms from grinding welding sparks or open flame.
- Extreme Wear Resistant: These gloves are made with 1.5 mm thick & soft shoulder split cowhide leather, which gives the benefits of heat resistance, wear-resistance, puncture resistance, cut resistance, oil resistance.
- Comfortable: The inner layer of these gloves is very soft so that it will help to work in comfort & it also absorbs the sweat so you don't need to worry about sweat, which can be irritative in welding time.
- Versatile Use Case: You can use this glove not only in welding but also for the oven, furnace, fireplace, pot holder & so on.
Welding Gloves HEAT RESISTANT WorkPlace Glove :
Another handy & versatile welding gloves is “Welding Gloves HEAT RESISTANT Cow Split Leather.” The premium leather of these welding gloves is very durable and also heat & fire resistant. The lining cotton is very soft, high-quality stitching for extreme heat & fire resistant.
These gloves also come with a significant number of resistant protection like oil resistant, puncture-resistant, cut resistant & so on. This helps the welder to weld safely.
This also has a comfortable & flexible design which helps to use the welding machine & you can weld nicely. Sweat absorption system of the glove is perfect. You can't even fell any sweat, which is very important in welding time. Another most important feature of the gloves is its versatility. You can use these welding gloves for many purposes like welding, camping, cooking, BBQ, and so on.
Top Feature :
- Premium Leather: This welding glove is made with full cow split leather surface for long time durability & also heat & fire resistant. The lining cotton is also extremely heat & fire resistant.
- Fireproof Line Strength Sewing: This premium welding glove provides excellent protection of your hand. The fireproof line strength sewing makes sure that it survives heavy & frequent usage.
- Wide Range of Application: You can use this glove not only in your welding task but also for fireplace, cutting, camping, animal handling, etc.
- Comfortable & Flexible Design: The combination of super-soft & exclusive cotton lining make this an excellent performer of heat resistance, fire retardant, operation flexibility & also sweat absorption.
- Thick & Soft: These gloves are made from specific parts of the cowhide, which are not only thick but also soft & flexible with extreme heat & fire resistance, puncture resistance, moderate oil resistance.
KIM YUAN Extreme Heat/Fire Resistant Gloves Leather with Kevlar Stitching/Best Welding Gloves :
This glove is made with genuine leather & it bites resistance as well as very durable too. Though this glove is made with extremely thick cowhide leather, it can withstand temperatures up to 662 0F.
Kevlar thread of these gloves makes them so durable & very suitable for high-temperature work. 100% soft cotton lining gives effective sweat absorption with fireproof thermal protection insulation properties.
With all these, this glove also has an excellent performance in heavy-duty welding, gripping, etc. Combining all, you will get a perfect welding glove if you take it.
Top Feature :
- Full Leather: This welding glove is made with 100% split cow leather & the leather is carefully selected & these are bite resistance as well as durable too.
- Extreme Heat Resistance: Since the glove is made with thick cowhide leather, it withstands temperatures up to 662 °F, and it also has a fireproof thermal protection system.
- Flexible Design: This welding glove is designed for working with comfort. You can move your hand quickly while working, putting it on your hand.
- Thick & Soft: These gloves are made from specific parts of the cow that are not only thick but also soft & flexible, which improves your work efficiency.
- Durable kevlar stitching: Kevlar stitching of these gloves ensures that these are more heat resistant than other gloves & not easy to break, which allows working in high temperature.
- Wide Range of Application: The excellent quality of these gloves allows you to use in multiple places like welding, grill, wood stove, oven, fireplace, campfire & so on.
- Size: This glove is 14 inches, which ensures you that it covers your hands so that you can weld freely without any harm. And the hook of these gloves gives you the option to hang your gloves up, making your work environment clean & tidy.
WZQH 16 Inches,932℉, Leather Forge Welding Gloves, with Kevlar Stitching :
Another great high dexterity welding glove comes from WZQH. This glove is made from genuine cowhide & it is capable of protecting your hand from high temperature. The inner layer of this welder gloves is 100% soft insulated cotton lining for advanced heat & cold resistance.
The 16" grill gloves have an extra-long 7.5" sleeve that protects your hand & forearms from flying flame, welding spark. Another essential feature of this welder glove is its grip.
It has a perfect grip, which allows you to weld correctly. This welding glove is an excellent glove for multiple welding use like TIG, MIG, etc. You can also use it for another task like oven, grill, fireplace, furnace, stove & so on.
Top Features :
- Extreme Heat Resistant Protection: This glove is made with genuine cowhide split leather, which is high temperature resistant. This glove has two layers & the inner layer is 100% soft insulated cotton lining, which is heat & cold resistant.
- Other Protection: This inner layer of these gloves is also sweat absorbent, breathable & allergy-free.
- Extreme Wear Resistant Protection: The gloves are made from 1.2mm thick & soft shoulder split natural cowhide leather, which is heat resistance, wear resistance, puncture resistance, cut resistance, oil resistance.
- Grip: Reinforced double leather stitching & high strength sewing on the palm of hand gives extra support to grip with your hand.
- Superior Protection: This glove is 16" with an extra-long 7.5" sleeve that protects your hand as well as your forearms from welding spark, flying flame, hot coals & so on.
Lincoln Electric Traditional MIG/Stick Welding Gloves/Lincoln Welding Gloves :
Lincoln Electric is a popular name in the welding industry. This giant company makes different types of welding equipment & welding gloves is one of them. Lincoln Electric Traditional MIG/Stick Welding Gloves K2979 is an excellent welding glove made by Lincoln Electric.
Lincoln welding gloves are highly protective from high temperatures as it is made with high-grade leather. Soft cotton hand liner & straight thumb design enhances comfort & fingertip sensitivity. The sweat absorption system is very nice of this top-class welding glove.
Lincoln welding gloves are basically made for professionals, but anyone can use this very easily with high comport, and you can easily use it & this will give you excellent protection from heat, flame, spatter & sparks.
Top Features :
- Heat Resistance: This glove is made of high-grade leather & soft cotton liner protect against high temperature & it'll help you to weld in any situation.
- Durability: This glove is made with two layers. The exterior layer is formed with high-grade leather & leather reinforced stress points & fully lined interior to withstand daily exposure to heat, flames, spatter & sparks.
- Superior Comfort: The inner layer is made with soft cotton hand liner & straight thumb design, which enhances comfort & fingertip sensitivity. A cuff is lined inside, which absorbs moisture during use.
- Wide Range: This great glove can be used for stick welding (SMAW), MIG welding (GMAW), Flux-core welding (FCAW) & other tasks like these.
- Professional Use: This glove is made for professional use, but anyone who is like to weld can use this welding glove for safety in welding.
HereToGear Fireproof and Heat Resistant Welding Gloves :
HereToGear Fireproof and Heat Resistant Welding Gloves are another best dexterity welding glove that comes in our list. It is an excellent welding glove with superior protection of temperature & good dexterity.
It is a great welder glove that is made with high-grade leather, which is high temperature bearable. This glove has a heavy-duty safety gear with kevlar stitching and cotton liner which is suitable for both men & women.
With this best wedding gloves, you can handle up to 662 F & can continue your day to day task as well as your professional welding.
Top Feature :
- Superior Protection: This high-quality fireproof glove is made from A grade leather for a better welding experience.
- High Temperature: This best welding glove helps to protect against heat while welding. This welder gloves can protect you up to 660 F or 350 C. So, you don't need to worry about the safety of temperature.
- Good Dexterity: The heavy-duty safety gear with a high-quality kevlar stitching & cotton liner is very suitable for both men & women. So, both men & women can use this for welding.
- Animal Handling: Another extra feature of this glove is animal handling. You can handle animals wearing it.
- Size: Especially, this glove is lightweight, and the size of this is 13” that provides you additional security from flying flame, spark & further materials while you are welding.
- Widely Use: You can use these welding gloves for many purposes like welding, animal handling, burner furnace, a kiln or a wood-burning stove & so on.
Revco GM1611 Top Grain Leather Cowhide MIG Welding Gloves/ Best Welding Gloves for safety :
These top-quality & long-lasting best welding gloves are made with soft cotton lining for comfort & the top-grade cowhide ensures about high temperature.
This glove has a reinforcement patches design, which is very important for you if you are a professional welder. This feature ensures you that you can put your palm, thumb & index finger into the right place inside the glove.
The cotton lining, top grade leather, reinforcement design all these are made this welding glove a top choice for anyone. You can go with it. I can assure you that you won't be loose.
Top Feature :
- Materials: This gorgeous looking welding glove is made with top grain cowhide leather palm, split cowhide leather. This ensures that you need not worry about the high temperature of welding.
- Reinforcement Design: This design helps to put your fingers in specific patches for specific fingers, which is essential for comfortable welding.
- Kevlar Stitch: Kevlar Stitching is a useful feature that maximizes the durability & resistance from heat & sparks. This feature also ensures a better abrasion resistance.
- Size: This MIG welding glove has a dimension of 14.3x7.7x1.9 inches. This massive size ensures that your hand an entirely safe from the flying dust & flame while welding.
IRONCLAD Welding Leather Gloves :
The Kevlar stitching is used in these gloves that increase its durability & protection from high heat as well as abrasive environments. Foam insulation is used for heat resistance.
The 10 inches safety cuff helps to cover more space of your hand for giving more safety from the flame, welding dust, flying spark, etc.
This glove is made with high-quality cowhide buy if you wish you can go with other animals leather-like elkskin, Buffalo, etc.
All these can make this glove the best choice for any professional as a hobbyist.
Top Features :
- Materials: This best welding glove is made with high-quality cowhide, but it has other options like Elkskin, Buffalo, etc. If you wish to use those, you can take any one of them.
- Design: The reinforcements design of this glove is charming & long-lasting. The cotton lining with foam insulation is excellent for high heat resistance.
- Size: This welding glove comes with four dissimilar sizes, but with every dimension, you'll find a 10" of safety cuff which covers your hand for an excellent safety from the flame, spark, welding dust.
- Multiple Use: Ironclad welding leather glove is a multi-purpose glove. You can use it for any type of welds like MIG, TIG, or Stick. So, this can be a great option for you if you're a professional welder.
OLSON DEEPAK Welding Gloves :
This glove is made with high-grade cowhide split side leather that makes the glove more durable & heat and fire-resistant. The inner layer of this glove is super soft with a cotton lining for high performance of heat resistance.
The soft inner layer gives flexibility & sweat absorption as well as fire-retardant. This glove also has a 16" cuff gauntlet that will keep your arms safe and cover your elbow.
All these make this glove a piece of beneficial & handy equipment for you.
Top Features :
- Premium Leather: This glove is made with a full cow split leather surface for a long-time heat & fire resistant and durability. The high-quality stitching is used for extremely heat & fire resistant.
- Fireproof Line Strength Sewing: Fireproof line is very strength sewing that makes sure it survives heavy & frequent. This glove is premium & gives superior hand protection.
- Wide Range: This glove is not only used in welding, but you can also use it for other mechanical work, carpentry work & so on.
- Comfortable and Flexible Design: This glove has super soft & exclusive cotton lining for an excellent performance of heat & fire resistance. The sweat absorption system of this glove is so lovely & very comfortable.
- Size Matter: The 16 inches cuff gauntlet will help to keep your arms safe and cover your elbow for proper safety.
- Full Range Application: You can use this glove for multi-purposes. From welding to animal handling, you can use this for any kind of works.
KIM YUAN Extreme Heat/Fire Resistant Gloves :
KIM YUAN Extreme Heat/Fire Resistant Gloves is a perfect and multi-purpose welding glove. 100% split cow leather of this glove ensures the quality of this glove & this resist oil, puncture, cut, etc. Since this glove is made with high-quality cowhide, the performance of this glove is excellent.
With heavy-duty welding gripping, this glove can handle up to 662 F temperature, which is so hot. Kevlar stitching of this glove makes this glove highly durable & heat resistant.
Its flexible design helps to absorb sweat, which gives you extra comfort & you can work comfortably without any irritation. Combining all this glove is perfect for your daily use in the home or the working place.
Top Features :
- Full Leather: This welding glove is made with 100% split cow leather & these leather are high-quality & selected for specifically for making this glove. The leather is not only thick but also soft & flexible.
- Extreme Heat Resistant: Due to this glove is made with cowhide. This can give excellent heat protection with a temperature of up to 662 F. You can weld at this temperature as well as other things like burning coal or cookware.
- Durable Kevlar Stitching: KIM YUAN Extreme Heat/Fire Resistant Gloves uses Kevlar thread that ensures the high resistant temperature. The reinforcement design is useful for working with heavy-weight or sharp objects.
- Flexible Design: It has 100% soft & sweat-absorbent cotton lining & denim jeans cuffs with fireproof thermal protection & insulation properties.
- Multi-Use: This a multi-use glove. You can use this not only for welding but also you can use it for the oven, grill, BBQ, fireplace, and so on.
What is a Welding Glove?
Welding gloves are personal protective equipment and usually used for protecting welder hands from heat & UV radiation. Welding gloves allow protection from shocks, heat, flame, ultraviolet & infrared radiation. These welding gloves also increase abrasion resistance and enhanced grip so that you can weld easily. And also provide abrasion resistance & enhanced grip. Best welding gloves usually made of leather.
Welding gloves are not like other ordinary gloves that you usually use for gardening or driving. They made for use in the welding industry. Welding gloves generally made of heavy material, which is smooth & sturdy enough to prevent the excess heat that prevents burning your skin.
Most of the cases, the gloves are made with a combination of three types of leather; Cowhide, Pigskin, Goatskin. Except for this, the welding gloves made with Aluminized, Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Nomex, Terrycloth, etc. All these materials used for a specific task in a welder glove.
Benefits of Welding Gloves?
While you are in the welding industry & you need to do weld every day, then you can't contradict the importance of suitable welding gloves in your day to day work. For every welding type, high temperature can hurt you & you can be hospitalized.
Welding gloves can save you from any unwanted accident in welding time. First of all, a welding glove protects your hand from high temperature & flying spark, flame as well as any dust that is created while welding.
This welding glove also gives an excellent grip between your welding gun & your hand, which is very important to weld very well.
The inner layer of a top welding glove is soft as well as sweat absorber. Sweat can be very embarrassing & also reduce your working speed, but a right welding glove can reduce sweat, which will improve your work speed as well as quality. Electric shock absorption is another essential feature of a welding glove.
This feature protects you from getting a shock from an electric wire or machine. Otherwise, an electric shock can kill you in a second. In a word, a welding glove is a complete safety wearable for your hand.
Why you need welding gloves?
If you are in the welding industry, you might know how hazardous it is. It is full of heating, UV/IR radiation, sparking, and so on. You must take care of yourself from these dangerous things. Your hand is significant for your work & you do all your tasks with them. So, you must take special care of them.
This is why you must need a pair of welding gloves as your hands are only the organ that is very close to the welding area. If you start your welding without proper hand protection you may experience a lot of misshape like:
- Injuries: Anyhow, the heat or spark may fall on your skin & you might be injured.
- Electric Shock: Without proper protection, you can be shocked by the welding machine that can be so harmful & sometimes it causes death.
- Skin Burn: The spark & overheat of welding can burn your skin, which might not be desired.
- The Hand Getting Smashed: Due to overheating, you may fall your welding machine or welding gun on your hand & this can smash your hand.
Apart from this, you have to face different dangers like hot metal, melted metal sparks, dust, hot flying objects, grime, etc. so you must have the best welding gloves for your welding.
Types of welding gloves?
There are many types of welding gloves in the market for different types of work, some of which are best for MIG welding, some of which are for TIG welding, etc. Buy from all of them you have to choose the right one for your task. If you are using MIG welding, it is not good to have TIG welding gloves. So, before buying a welding glove, let's have an idea about which one is perfect for your task, MIG, TIG, or Stick welding gloves.
- MIG Welding Gloves: Since MIG welding creates higher amounts of heat & spatter during the welding process, many welders like to have a thicker glove. Although some welders use high-quality goatskin gloves with heat, preventing lining for some welding application.
Cowhide, goatskin, or deerskin are the common leather choices you can find in a MIG welding glove. A MIG welder needs protection & flexibility & a top class deerskin glove that covers welder's hands offer protection & flexibility.
- TIG Welding Gloves: Most of the TIG gloves are made with goatskin or other thin, pliable material. This lightweight material gives an excellent movement for precise welding made with the TIG torch. TIG Gloves doesn't provide much protection for hotter processes as in TIG welding method creates less heat & spatters. Some TIG welding gloves also have heat-resistant Kevlar thread & either wool or cotton-foam lining for giving extra protection to the welder.
- Stick Welding Gloves: Stick welding gloves are very simple & this means that you don't need very flexible gloves for welding. Protection and thickness will be vital since stick welding produces more heat & spatter than any other welding process.
What must-have in a welding glove?
You won't like to buy a welding glove that can't give you the proper safety. You must have one that has all the features that make a welder glove best & highly protective. For this top-rated welding gloves must have these features which you more protection.
- Electrical insulation.
- Heat insulation.
- Moisture resistant.
- It has the ability to keep the hands dry.
- Flexible when working for the full range of motion.
- Comfortable size and fit.
- Quality materials.
- Puncture and tear-resistant.
What do you notice Before Buying?
While you are in the welding industry & you use welding daily, you must have the excellent welding gloves for your safety. But finding the best hand gloves is not an easy task. From thousands of welding gloves, you must choose the best welding gloves for you so that you can get pleasure in your work.
From my 13 years of experience, I have used so many gloves, but all of them are not so good. I have seen some factors that are very crucial for welding gloves & you must notify them before buying the best welding gloves. So, what are they? Let discuss
- TIG/MIG/Stick: The first thing you should notice that which types of welding you are going to do. It can be either TIG, MIG, or stick. Depending on that, you need to go with MIG, TIG, or Stick welding gloves.
- Materials: Your welding gloves are preferable to be made with leather as it is an insulator, dissipate heat & durable also. Other elements like Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, Nomex, Terrycloth, etc. can also be used for great welding gloves.
- Flexible: Flexibility means that you can move your hand quickly for welding on an excellent weld.
- Cut & Heat Resistance: your top welding gloves must be cut & heat resistance so that you will be safe.
- Insulation: Insulation of your welding gloves help to get rid of electric shock, so your gloves must be qualified insulator.
- Durable: Welding gloves must be durable so that you can use this for a long time.
- Ability to keep your hand dry: You should not work with a wet hand. Your hand must be dry for welding & your gloves must possess the ability to keep your hand dry so that you can weld easily.
- Comfortable Size: If you are not pleased with your gloves, you can not weld nicely. So, your welding gloves must be satisfied in size so that you can weld correctly.
Before buying this, you might consider these things so that you can buy the best welder gloves. But if you are confused about buying the best one. We are here to help you. Here are the top ten welder gloves that can help you to keep yourself safe from any welding hazard.
Note: With using the Best MIG Welding Gloves, you also should Wear Fire Resistant Welding Jackets for Protecting your body from flames. Knowing about Best MIG Welding Gloves, you can read this article.
Most Frequently Asked Question
- Q: What are the best welding glove brands?
Answer: You will be glad to know that some reliable company exists in the marketplace for buying the best welding gloves. Among the most reputed brands in the market are Lincoln, Kim yuan, Wzqh 16, Rapicca, Revco, Olso, IronClad, etc.
The brand is well known in the marketplace for decades. We also can know these by our research that you can buy this brand without any confusion. You can use the products in the multi-task. There are TIG and MIG gloves available from the brands.
- Q: Are these gloves sold in a pair or single?
Answer: All these best welding gloves come in pair, so if you order one glove. You will get two gloves.
- Q: What are the materials of these gloves?
Answer: All these gloves are made with 100% cow leather, Kevlar lining, etc. All the lining is good & used soft lining for best performance.
- Q: Are there different sizes for these gloves?
Answer: Yes, all these gloves have different sizes & best fit any type of hand.
- Q: Are they waterproof?
Answer: No, they are suede leather gloves with no waterproof liner.
- Q: Can these be used for blacksmithing?
Answer: Yes, all these gloves can be used for blacksmithing.
- Do these protect you against poisonous spider bites?
Answer: Yes. You will be protected from the poisonous spider bites if you use this glove.
- Do welding gloves fireproof?
Answer: We know that burn and fire are ordinary in welding. So welding gloves should be fireproofed. A welder uses the gloves to protect the fire and flame during welding. The welding saves the hand from injury. The welding gloves are also cut resistant.
Final Thought :
We have discussed a lot about welding gloves. You will get enough helpful information from this, which may help you to find the best one. Various gloves have different sizes & prices, and you need to ensure that you get a perfect size & best-valued gloves. Again, you should remember that safety is the first & foremost thing that you need to buy the best welding gloves.