If you are a professional welder, you may know how dangerous welding is. And it is recognized as one of the most dangerous jobs all around the world. While welding, sparks, spatter, flame, etc. are always spreading around it.
These rays are so harmful to you, especially for your eyes & you know eyes are essential for a human for any kind of task. The frequent sparks & radiation are as much hazardous that it can damage your eyes if you regularly weld without taking proper safety.
For protecting your face & neck from sparks, spatter & your eyes from those harmful rays, you need to take proper Protection. It is why the best welding helmets are used. But what is the best welding helmet & which one you should choose for you? Here, in this article, we'll explain all the things you need to know & will provide a list of helmets for making your decision easier.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Welding Helmet Review
- Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet:
- YESWELDER True Color Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet/ Best Welding Helmet :
- YESWELDER Large Viewing Screen 3.94 "X3.66" True Color Welding Helmet :
- Solar Powered Welding Helmet :
- Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Welding Helmet :
- DEKOPRO Welding Helmet Solar Powered :
- Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Solar Powered welding helmet :
- Antra AH7-860-001X Auto Darkening Welding Helmet :
- Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Solar Powered Welding Helmet :
- TACKLIFE Welding Helmet :
- Frequently Asked Questions :
- Conclusion :
What is the welding helmet?
Welding helmets are such kinds of helmet that are specially made for welding purposes & these come with a lot of protecting features. Generally, these types of helmet come with a large viewing area with an auto-darkening lens for a clear view of your welding. And it has arc sensors that help a for decreasing reaction time.
Generally, the welding helmets have two or four arc sensors. It provides super-fast reaction time that is essential for eyes.
The optical clarity of these helmets provides an accuracy of vision, diffusion of light, consistent shade & angular dependence. And it offers a great experience while welding. Typically welding helmet is powered with lithium-ion batteries and solar panel technology.
Instead of reading the whole article, you can just have a look at the following comparison chart where will differentiate and make your own choice to buy any of them.
Antra Welding Helmet AH6-260
YESWELDER True Color Solar Powered Welding Helmet
YESWELDER Large Viewing Screen Welding Helmet
Solar Powered Welding Helmet
Lincoln Electric Welding Helmet
DEKOPRO Helmet Solar Powered
Instapark ADF Solar Powered helmet
Antra Auto Darkening Helmet
Instapark ADF Solar Powered Helmet
Lotos LTPDC2000D Tig Welder & Stick Welder
10 Best Welding Helmet Review
We've discussed what welding helmet is & how it can help to a welder. Now, it's time to get the list of top welding helmets so that you can quickly grab one for your welding task without any confusion of selecting the best one.
Antra AH6-260-0000 Welding Helmet:
"Antra" is a famous brand that makes different types of safety equipment for the welder. They provide so many top-class welding helmets, and "Antra Welding Helmet AH6-260-0000 Solar Power" is one of them.
Antra is the first welding helmet that takes place on our list. It is a mighty welding helmet that can protect you from the UV/IR ray.
It has a large viewing area of 3.86 "X1.78" that allows seeing more field while welding & its variable shade of 5-13. And the shade four features grinding that helps a lot while welding.
This helmet is powered by solar energy with two cells of replaceable CR2032 batteries. The exclusive auto-darkening technology of this helmet is exceptionally responsive to electric arc from MIG, TIG, MMA, or Plasma applications.
Main Features :
- Solar Power: This premium welding helmet is powered with solar energy that comes through from solar cells of this helmet, and for storing & using power while working. It has two replaceable CR2032 batteries.
- Viewing Area: The viewing area of this welder helmet is 3.86" X 1.73" with a reaction time of 0.00004(1/25,000) seconds that allows looking at a large area with excellent safety.
- Auto Darkening Technology: The auto-darkening technology of this helmet features smart chip control with four sensors. It incredibly responsive to TIG/MIG/MMA welding, and out of 5-13 shades, it has to grind on shade 4.
- Alert System: It has an excellent battery indicator with automatic On/off. It has a power-off delay of 10 minutes that helps to sleep the helmet after 10 minutes while you're not working with it.
- Consistent Protection: The UV & IR filter of this top welding helmet work continuously and independently that provide a consistent performance for giving constant Protection.
- Versatility: This is a versatile welding helmet that can be used for TIG, MIG, Flux core, MMA, Plasma cutting & so on. It helps to do a lot of tasks with one helmet.
YESWELDER True Color Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet/ Best Welding Helmet :
The second helmet of the list comes from Yeswelder, and it is "YESWELDER True Color Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding Helmet." It is another best welding helmet that comes with superior Protection with great versatility.
This is a great welding helmet for TIG, MIG, and MMA with a response time of fewer than 1/10000 seconds. With a viewing area of 3.64" X 1.67", you can view better & your welding will be proper.
With the help of two premium sensors, it improves visibility and reduces eye strain while working with it. So the lightweight & comfortable design with an updated headgear and superior Protection makes this helmet the best choice for any professional welder.
Main Features :
- Lightweight & Comfortable: The helmet has a weight of only 2 pounds that is very lightweight. And the whole hood design with comfortable & unique headgear makes it more convenient for any welder.
- Updated Headgear: Headgear is essential for perfect fitting. The updated headgear of this helmet with an oversized comfort cushion provides extensive adjustability that supports for a better fit.
- Better Clarity & Real Color View: This welding helmet has a 1-1-1-2 optical clarity rating with true color technology preserves. So it improves visibility & reduces eye strain with the help of minimizing green coloring in the helmet screen.
- Viewing Area: It has a viewing area of 3.64" X 1.67" with two premium, sensors that help to take a close look at the welding with a large viewing area.
- Solar Powered: This helmet is powered with solar energy & it has a solar cell for generating electricity and the battery store that for later use.
- Multiuse: This top welding helmet can be used for different welding purposes like MIG, TIG, MMA, and so on.
YESWELDER Large Viewing Screen 3.94 "X3.66" True Color Welding Helmet :
This helmet comes with a lot of features and very superior safety technology. The large viewing size of 3.93" X 3.66" is powered with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is recharged from solar energy as it has two solar cells.
The four premium sensors help to increase the viewing experience with the true-color view and 1/1/1/2 optical clarity. The headgear with oversized comfort cushion provides adjustability for a better fit.
With the help of a storage bag, you can take your helmet for TIG, MIG, MMA, and plasma applications.
Main Features :
- Comprehensive Screen view: The vast widescreen of 3.93" X 3.66" of this welding helmet allows a full range of vision to the welding area. So it enhances operator control.
- Better Clarity & Real Color View: For reducing the lime green tint, this premium welding helmet has accurate Color technology with the existing 1-1-1-2 optical clarity rating that improves visibility.
- Comfortable Headgear: The oversized comfort cushion of headgear provides extensive adjustability for a better fit and enhancing comfort.
- Replaceable Equipment: This welding helmet has three replacement lens & one Lithium battery these helps a lot if one of this got damaged while working. You can replace & continue your work.
- Solar Powered: This welder helmet has two solar cells that help to generate more power & this can be used for a long time later.
- Multiuse: TIG, MIG, MMA, Plasma applications, etc. all can be made with this helmet & it provides superior protection in all cases.
Solar Powered Welding Helmet :
In the fourth position of best welding helmets, we have "Solar Powered Welding Helmet." This helmet has a widescreen of 3.85" X 3.15" with a clear visor viewing area that enhances the operation of welding.
The response time of this helmet is about 1/25000 seconds & it is highly protective of UV and IR radiation. It has the adjustable shade of the lens that helps to work in various environments.
This welder helmet comes with solar cells that generate power for the helmet. So the battery store the power for later use, and the battery of this is mighty & long-lasting with a lifetime of up to 5000 hours.
With all these features, this welding helmet provides versatility in your work. You can use it for metal production, fabrication, military maintenance, MRO, mining, and so on.
Main Features :
- Optimal Eye Protection: This welder helmet has an Auto-darkening filter that helps to switch from light to dark in just 1/25000 seconds. So the shade of this helmet is 1/1/1/2 rated that provides superior protection against UV & IR radiation.
- Manual Adjustment: The sensitivity & delay setting of this helmet is adaptable for a different environment that allows adjusting settings as per your need.
- Color Visibility: Color recognition & visibility of this welding helmet is excellent, and it can switch from dark to golden state within 0.1 seconds to 1.0 seconds.
- Viewing Area: It has a large standard viewing area of 3.85" X 3.15" that helps to have a comprehensive look at the welding area.
- Lightweight & Comfortable Headgear: This best welder helmet is very lightweight about 1 pound that is suitable for long time usage, and the headgear of the helmet is adjustable and fatigue-free that is very comfortable while using.
- Various Working Environments: This helmet can be used for so many tasks in multiple environments. You can use it for metal production, fabrication, military maintenance, mining, transportation, and so on.
Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Welding Helmet :
Lincoln is one of the best manufacturers who manufacture so many welding tools and welding safety equipment. From a numerous welding helmet, "Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Welding Helmet" is best that comes in our list.
This welding helmet comes with a lot of features and superior Protection. It has exclusive 4C lens technology that helps to get an accurate color view with crystal clarity.
The large viewing area of 12.5 square inches helps to see more to the welding area, and this is also an auto-darkening lens that enhances application versatility. This best welder helmet has an "X6" headgear that provides superior comfort while using it.
Main Features :
- Premium Optics: This helmet features exclusive "4C" lens technology that provides a true-color view with crystal clarity, and this helmet is also 1/1/1/1 optical clarity rated. It enhances welding quality by reducing eye strain.
- Extra Large Lens: The viewing screen of this best welder helmet is huge & square with four ARC sensors. The size is about 12.5 square inches that offer extensive viewing and increase productivity.
- Superior Comfort: The headgear of this premium helmet is one-of-a-kind 'X6' headgear that improves balance and eliminates pressure points that provide perfect fitting and maximum comfort.
- Increase Productivity: The innovative and low-profile external grind button helps to switch quickly between weld & grind modes, which improve your productivity in welding.
- Power Source: This welder helmet has a solar cell for generating power and a CR2450 battery for storing and distributing power to the helmet.
DEKOPRO Welding Helmet Solar Powered :
Another welding helmet of the list is "DEKOPRO Welding Helmet Solar Powered Auto Darkening Hood." This helmet is very suitable for MIG/TIG and Arc welding for proper safety and comes with a lot of protective features.
This premium welding helmet is highly protective of UV & IR radiation. And the solar panel technology with a single solar cell this best welding helmet for the money has a long life, and the battery used in this helmet is CR2032, which is long-lasting & can run for up to 5000 hours.
The large viewing area of this helps to have a wide range of viewing while welding & the headgear is adjustable, fatigue-free, and very comfortable. This also has versatility in the working area. You do so many types of work with this welder helmet.
Main Features :
- Ultimate Eye Protection: This best welder helmet has 1/2/1/2 rating that ensures high protectivity, and it can protect from UV & IR radiation, and the auto-darkening technology of this helmet can switch from light to dark within 1/25000 seconds.
- Manual Adjustment: This helmet has a high functionality of adjusting sensitivity & delay setting for adaptability in different environments that help a welder lot while welding.
- Clean & Comfortable View: With the large viewing area of 3.62, "X1.65" of this premium welder helmet gives an extra comfortable viewing to the welding. This also helps to see clearly in any situation like diffusion of light, a variation of luminous transmittance & angular dependence.
- Adjustable Headgear: The headgear of this welder helmet is very balanced and comfortable with adjustability for better fitting to your head.
- Cost Efficiency: This premium welding helmet is powered with solar panel technology & a powerful & long-lasting battery which can run for up to 5000 hours. It minimizes your cost with an excellent working efficiency.
- Multiuse: Though this helmet is made for welding purposes, you can use it for other tasks like metal production and fabrication, construction, automotive & so on.
Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Solar Powered welding helmet :
"Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Solar Powered welding helmet" is another good welding helmet that comes in our list. With the large viewing area of 3.63" X 1.65" of this best welder helmet, you can look at a wide field of your welding.
This helmet is featured with an auto-darkening filter that can switch from light to dark in 1/25000 seconds. And the optic dimension of this is 1/2/1/3 that provides optimum optical clarity and reduces eye fatigue.
With the help of variable shades, you can adjust the shading. The power of this helmet comes by a CR2032 Lithium-ion battery.
The headgear is very comfortable & adjustable for better fitting. So this helmet can be used for different types of welding like MIG/TIG or Arc welding.
Main Features :
- Full Screen: The welding helmet has a large display. It has 3.63 "X1.65" with a variable shade that allows a comprehensive look to the welding area for enhancing welding quality.
- Better view & safety: The improved optics deliver optimum optical clarity for minimizing eye fatigue, and the denomination of this helmet is about 1/2/1/3, and this welder helmet is very capable of protecting from UV & IR radiation.
- Auto-Darkening Technology: It has an auto-darkening technology filter for better switching from light to dark & this can switch from light to dark within 1/25000 seconds. It also helps to reduce the need for grinding & rework by increasing torch placement accuracy.
- Advanced Headband: The headband is made with lightweight composite materials featuring a custom fit with a padded interior for comfort.
- Power: This top-quality welding helmet is powered with solar panel technology with a high quality CR2032 Lithium-ion battery, which can run up to 5000 hours.
Antra AH7-860-001X Auto Darkening Welding Helmet :
The best welder helmet comes with a lot of features & protective power. This helmet provides full face & neck coverage to a welder & its passive filter protect from UV & IR radiation.
The large viewing lens of this best welder helmet helps to have a clear view of joint & welding puddle. Because the four premium redundant arc sensors enhance the super-fast switching time that reduces eye stress.
This premium welding helmet is powered with a solar panel technology. 2 X CR2032 replaceable battery & solar cell increase its working time. And it can be used for different types of welding like DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick, and so on.
Main Features :
- Safety & Protection: welding helmets have a passive filter with 13 permanent shades for protecting against UV & IR radiation. Full face & neck coverage with double-layered auto-dimming LCD shutter & accurate shade range provide excellent visibility to lights.
- Comfort & Convenience: It has a large 3.86 "X3.50" viewing area that helps to have a clear view of the joint & welding area that provides great control over your work & its lightweight design helps to reduce neck stress.
- Performance: With four premium arc sensors, this helmet is highly responsive in detecting & controlling super-fast switching time and the accurate auto shading. This also reduces eye stress, which provides a great working experience.
- Power: This welder helmet is powered with solar panel technology. 2X CR2032 battery & a solar cell ensure the long working time of this premium helmet.
- Versatility: It is a versatile welding helmet. With this, you can do different types of welding tasks like DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick welding, as well as other tasks like cutting/grinding.
Instapark ADF Series GX-500S Solar Powered Welding Helmet :
Instapark is a great welding helmet. The helmet has super-fast switching from light to dark with its auto-darkening filter. Improved optics of this helmet helps to get optimum clarity for minimizing eye fatigue & it also protects you from UV or IR radiation.
The variable shade helps to adjust the shade perfectly as your welding requires.
The helmet is powered with solar panel technology and replaceable 2X CR2032 lithium-ion batteries. It is a versatile welding helmet. And you can do a different type of weldings like Stick, MIG, or TIG welding with it.
Main Features :
- Extensive Viewing: This welding helmet has a large viewing area of 3.63 "X1.65" with variable shades. It provides to have an astronomical viewing to the welding area or joints for better results.
- Auto-Darkening Technology: This technology of this helmet helps to switch from light to dark within 1/25000 seconds that's very important while welding.
- Improved Optics: It has improved optics for 1/2/1/3 denomination & two arc sensors, which provide optimum clarity that reduces eye fatigue.
- Power: With solar panel technology & 2X CR2032 replaceable batteries, this welding helmet provides a long working time.
- Multiuse: This welding helmet can be used for various welding purposes. You can use it for stick or arc welding, TIG welding, MIG welding, and so on.
TACKLIFE Welding Helmet :
Having a lot of premium features, the last welding helmet of our list is "TACKLIFE Welding Helmet." This helmet comes with 13 permanent shades. It protects against UV & IR radiation for both face and neck & the auto-dimming LCD shutter provides the best eye protection. And the optical clarity rate is 1/1/1/1.
The four premium redundant arc sensors of this best welder helmet help to switch from dark to light within 1/25000 seconds that helps eye stress while working.
Another most useful feature of this welding helmet is its viewing area. A large viewing area of 3.94 "X2.87" helps to view a large area while welding. The adjustment system of this premium welding helmet is very convenient & it offers any fitting for better comfort.
Tacklife is also a multi-use helmet that can be used for different types of welding like DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick & so on. The helmet also passed so many safety standards like EN 379 CE, ANSI /ISEA Z87.1, AS/NZS 1338.1, CSA Z94.3. So, this can be a perfect helmet for your welding.
Main Features :
- Protection: This welding helmet provides excellent Protection from UV & IR radiation for both face & neck by using its passive filter with 13 permanent shade. Three-layered auto dimming-LCD shutter helps for best eye protection with a full shade range of 3/3-8/9-13.
- Comfortable Viewing: A large viewing area of 3.94 "X2.87" helps to have a closer & clear large view of your welding that helps a lot while welding.
- Comfortable Headband: The headband of this welder helmet is very comfortable & adjustable. It has a unique design that helps to reduce the fatigue of welder's head & neck, which provide better comfort.
- Superior Quality: The best welding helmet for the money is very preferred with the highest optical clarity 1/1/1/1 for best eye protection. The four redundant arc sensors provide a high switching from dark to light within 1/25000 seconds.
- Power: One lithium metal batteries with a solar panel technology help to run this helmet & this also ensures a long time use without any worry of power off.
- Full Application: This welding helmet can be used for so many tasks. It can be used for wheel cutting/grinding, DC TIG, AC TIG, MIG/MAG, MMA/Stick welding & so on.
Note: Besides, you can use the Strong Hand Welding Clamps to keep holding two metal together. Welding Clamps are another Necessary option for welding. Knowing about Strong Hand Welding Clamps, you can read this article.
How can the best welding helmet help you?
Sparks and spatter can fly over to your face or neck & these can burn your face and neck. So if you use the best welder helmets, you can easily avoid this kind of unwanted accident.
It also provides excellent safety from irritation to your face & eyes that can be made from high temperature. Again UV & IR radiation that is produced while welding can be held back with auto-darkening technology & arc sensors of a helmet.
UV & IR are so harmful to human beings & it can easily damage your eyes, so you must need to avoid this & the welding helmet helps you to do that. The frequent & consistent splash of welding is another dangerous thing for eyes, which makes irritation & can damage your eyes. By keeping away these types of unwanted accidents & hazardous situations, a welder helmet keeps you safe while welding & you can weld comfortably.
The thing you need to focus on before buying!
Buying the best welding helmet is not an easy task. There is a lot of things you need to focus on before buying. Otherwise, you will get a product that can't provide proper safety to you. That is the most important thing you need as your safety is the priority.
You can grab one of the helmets that we've listed, or you can choose on your own. But before deciding, you need to focus on some factors for better buying. Let's discuss them so that you can buy a top-grade welding helmet.
- Helmet Weight & Comfort: You need to keep the helmet on your head for a long time while welding. So this must be very lightweight and comfortable to use. Again, this must be adjustable for a perfect fitting with your head. Because without ideal fitting, you may feel uncomfortable & your work speed will be lower.
- Viewing Area: A large viewing area ensures to have a broader look at the welding & joints. Without a large viewing area, you won't be able to look at a more extensive area. And your welding will not be as good as you desire, so a comprehensive view is a must.
- Lens Type: The lens of your helmet must be variable lens as this type of lens can be adjusted based on the type of welding you are doing. This helps a lot like the lens is not fixed & you don't need to change the lens very soon.
- Auto-Darkening: This feature helps to adjust the lens automatically based on the amount of light available. This helps to change the lens and shade automatically for you while working.
- Reaction Time: Reaction time is very important to a welder for protecting the eye. In general, 1/3600 seconds, reaction time is ok, but if you get less reaction time than this like 1/25000, Then this will be more beneficial for your eyes.
- Adjustable Fit: You won't be interested to work with a helmet that is not well fitted with your head. Your welding helmets must be flexible so that you can adjust it as per your requirement.
- Sensors: Your welding helmet must have at least two or four arc sensors as these sensors. It helps for auto-darkening and detecting arcs & flashes, which allow reacting faster.
- Knob Placement & Size: Exterior placement of knobs of the welding helmet helps to adjust them easily at any time. You need them & the size must be larger as larger size ensures easy use of the knob.
- Power Source: Generally, the helmet is powered with Lithium-ion batteries. So your helmet must have a top-quality lithium-ion battery. And it also needs to have solar technology because it produces energy. It provides long time usage without external charge or replaces the battery.
Frequently Asked Questions :
- What is the Auto-Darkening welding helmet?
Answer: The auto-darkening helmet is a helmet that has a unique lens with liquid crystal & filters. The darkening process happens automatically based on the availability of light.
- What is the ideal lens size or viewing area on a welding helmet?
Answer: Most of the helmets in the market have a dimension of 3.5-1.75 inches & this is preferred as standard. But some of the helmets have a dimension of 3.5 "X2.5."
- Can I use these helmets indoors for an extended period?
Answer: Yes, you can. These helmets are designed for indoor use & the energy comes from the strike of an arc.
- How long welding helmets last?
Answer: The welding helmet batteries remain good for almost seven years. The replaceable batteries last around three years. The cheap welding helmet batteries may damage after three or four-month. So you should purchase a good helmet with a replacement and solar battery.
- What is the best cheap welding helmet?
Answer: There are many cheap welding helmets in the market place. But we suggest you for an extended time welder helmet. Some best welding helmet is Antra AH6-260-0000, YESWELDER True Color Solar, YESWELDER, Lincoln, DEKOPRO. You can check our list.
- How worst is welding for the eyes?
Answer: Welding task is terrible for the eyes if you are insecure. Dangerous UV radiation and warm are hazardous for your health and eyes. It can happen permanent damage if you are unsafe.
- Why is the welding helmet essential?
Answer: Welding helmets are essential. Because It saves the eyes from torch, light, flame, and others.
- What does "optical clarity 1/1//1/1" mean?
Answer: This term is used for describing optical clarity. This feature is judged on four different metrics, such as Accuracy of vision, Diffusion of light, Consistent shade & Angular Dependence. The best score is 1 in this segment but typically score at least 1/1/1/3.
Through this article, we have tried to give all the essential information & the list of best welding helmets. We hope that you get some ideas about the topic. We have tried our level best to provide all the accurate information.
But if you find any mistake, please let us know so that others can be benefited from you. And remember one thing always you should use the best safety equipment. At the same time, welding otherwise, it will be dangerous to you.